You can type here any text you want

Allignment needed?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNRick

Retired member
I replaced the left front lower control arm bushings and the shop says I will need an $80 allignment. Is this true?

Not if you got a lifetime alignment from Firestone in 1990!! I had mine realigned yearly regardless of the changes I made until 2 years ago when the thrust bearing went out!!! I'll have it done again in the fall when I finish rebuilding the engine.

Best $79 I ever spent;)

Not if you got a lifetime alignment from Firestone in 1990!! I had mine realigned yearly regardless of the changes I made until 2 years ago when the thrust bearing went out!!! I'll have it done again in the fall when I finish rebuilding the engine.

Best $79 I ever spent;)
Lol....you're no help!

You should get it aligned. You don't know what the condition of the bushings were the last time it was aligned. Better safe than sorry.

GNRick ,You can about tell if you need an alignment, tire wear, pulling to the left or right, or how long has it been since your last alignment. I myself just replace my upper control arm bushing and I got an alignment very pleased. Me personally GNRick go head an get the alignment, because you drive your T/B a lot ..Lol

Oops, tired and didn't read well. You could put a level on the outside of each tire and see if they are equally cambered.

Yes you ahould get an alignment for the reasons already mentioned. And any change in camber will have a more drastic effect on toe. Better safe than sorry.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Update...took the car to the shop and they said I needed a new ds outer tie rod. The guy had it replaced in 20 minutes. Then they tried aligning it and found I needed a shim or two. So the alignment price jumped from $80 to $120. Anyway the alignment specs were all green and I was good to go. Thanks all for the advice.

Back