Almost lost to a truck!

ZNix said:
Drop in a new 6262 and blow the doors off that truck :D....

Fast trucks are the norm these days, do you remember this infamous Silverado....

[video=youtube;3RHnCt2HyOU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RHnCt2HyOU[/video]

You could get away with it. Getting the BB version would aid in spool up. I think 3200 would be more optimal being that you don't have ported heads. With ported heads a 3k stall would be fine without the BB version but now that I think about it with the new CEA wheels being lighter that helps spool up too, so a 3k would work but use a boost controller to help with that.

Thanks Pittsburgh! I plan on porting the heads this winter anyway, maybe I will go with the 6265. I can't justify the extra cash for the BB version right now. I am about to start building my second boat and that will take up a lot of my cash and spare time for the next few months.

I just have the RJC manual boost controller. Do you think that will work, or should I upgrade to something more precise?

Yup on all the above. My 6265 is the DBB billet wheeled and I went with the S cover (surge ported).
....3200-3500 is optimal but then again....in a mostly street driven car, you can actually use the slower spool as a traction control aid.
On your final point....I even removed my RFC boost controller to slow the spool for the same reason....traction control....
I give up the first 10-20 feet while I spool, and then.... release the whirlwind upon them and steel their doors....;)

I think you make a very valid point Meanchicken! I wasn't really looking at this from a real world street racing perspective and I do spend a lot of my time running on the street. Most of the jokers around here run a nitrous shot, so they get their brief few seconds of glory anyway. I already spin the tires through almost all of first gear at WOT, and that is with 255/45/17 Nittos on the back. I think I might be leaning towards the 6265 now.

Thanks for the advice everyone, you have given me a lot to think about before I drop $1k-$2k on a turbo.

By the way Meanchicken : "release the whirlwind upon them and steal their doors" I love that and consider it stolen:biggrin:

Thanks Pittsburgh! I plan on porting the heads this winter anyway, maybe I will go with the 6265. I can't justify the extra cash for the BB version right now. I am about to start building my second boat and that will take up a lot of my cash and spare time for the next few months.

I just have the RJC manual boost controller. Do you think that will work, or should I upgrade to something more precise?

The RJC boost controller is precise, it just happens to be located under the hood when you want to mess with the boost. They make in car boost controllers thas are basically the same thing with a nob and alot of vac line is all. Some are mecanical and some are electrical.