You can type here any text you want

Alpine CD w/ ipod control questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Roc87

11 Second V6
Hey guys, I currently have a pioneer deck with "ipod" control, but the display doesn't show any info. I'm wanting to switch it out for a older alpine that has ipod control but will ALSO display artist/title info. Not really wanting a new one, just something a few years old, anyone have any model numbers? Would like one with an internal cross over as well. Only asking because I bought the pioneer going off their description and it was a mistake. TIA

I believe you can go back as far as 02 and 04 for a unit that will work with an iPod. I have a cda 9815, and there are many sister models like it. If You want to display music text / info from the iPod or iphone to the CD player screen you will have get the ai-net Ipod module ( it will charge only older gen apple devices, and but display text on all apple devices) .

If you are only worrying about just getting the audio to the headunit, you can get a $10 ai-net to iPod cable from eBay and it will work, but wont charge or display text to the headunit with a unit made on or before 06. With alpine players made after 06 you only have to get a iPod cable and it should display text and charge your iPod as normal.

P.s. with charging, If you have a 2006 or older alpine unit and a newer generation iPod or iPhone, it will display text thru the ai-net ipod module but not charge. The reason is because early iPod used 12v to charge and new iPod/iphone devices use 5v to charge. You can fix it the easy way, by just getting a plug in adapter that converts the 12v to a 5v input charge. It plugs in between the apple device and charging cable. Soucshe sells one for $19 or you can get one off eBay for like $13.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Ok anytime. I saw your thread while knead looking for something else. Let me know if you any other info. I took pics of the items I used also

Sent from my HTCONE using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Back