You can type here any text you want

Alradco Fan Install question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Chris McDade

Got the fans installed. This is a nice setup. There is a power wire coming off of the harness. Does this go to the battery or a power source that goes on/off with the key?
adfan.jpg

adfan1.jpg

adfan2.jpg

The wires pulled right over to the battery for mine ,almost like they were cut for it that's what I went with on mine. Mounted the relays on the AC line hold downs across the top plate

Photo

Attachments

• 1433096794809.jpg
    1433096794809.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 182
  • 1433096812600.jpg
    1433096812600.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 182
I moved the relays and wires to the bottom of the fans so you can see them. I like the idea of running it to the alternator.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I moved the relays and wires to the bottom of the fans so you can see them. I like the idea of running it to the alternator.

I ran mine there because it was cleaner. Both in the engine bay overall and having one less wire coming off the battery. That just annoys me.

Just installed mine, one wire to each side of battery. You gonna like those,my car 15 degrees cooler,great product.

I ended up running it to the alternator. Just a cleaner install to me. Haven't drove the car yet. Hopefully later this week. I will post results.

Thanks

It's hard to tell in the picture, but did you install the fans so they're being held in by the radiator plate at the top? That's how I mounted mine and it worked out pretty well.

Yes, I lifted the plate up and slid the fans under. I wanted the fans as close to the radiator as possible. I had to get longer bolts but that it.

ok, got the fans running but, they are rotating backwards??????????? Instead of pulling air they are pushing air out through the radiator towards the front of the car. Only thing I did to the wiring was extend the power wire so it would reach the altanator. There is a rotation tag on the fans and they are going the wrong direction.

Any idea's?

ok, got the fans running but, they are rotating backwards??????????? Instead of pulling air they are pushing air out through the radiator towards the front of the car. Only thing I did to the wiring was extend the power wire so it would reach the altanator. There is a rotation tag on the fans and they are going the wrong direction.

Any idea's?
Backwards, clockwise or counter wise, which is it

Sounds like you have a couple of wires that need to be swapped around. Why didn't you just run the 2 wires to the battery? One to the pos and the other to neg.

I bought the fans used from another member so , I have a PM to him to see if he had any issues when he used them.

I will call alradco in morning to see if he has any ideas.

The wire you're holding in the second picture is a ground. Was that the one you hooked up to the alternator?

That same wire......with no installation instructions to go by is my excuse!

I will try to switch it over when I get home.

Thanks

That same wire......with no installation instructions to go by is my excuse!

I will try to switch it over when I get home.

Thanks

My new fans came with no instructions either. I'm not sure why they don't throw some instructions online. Usually the ring connectors with "teeth" are grounds in my experience. The smooth ring connector is 12v

Back