Alt light not on

TurboTdr3.8

On my Stock 87 the alt light will not come on anytime before it is started , but the charging system is working fine , I have looked at the wiring diagrams and wondering if the bulb is burnt out would it still charge like it supposed to . Has anyone had this kind of problem on theirs and what did you find .

If the car has a field fix harness installed then it's possible

Un plug wire going to alt and it does not charge . Just a update

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

On my Stock 87 the alt light will not come on anytime before it is started , but the charging system is working fine , I have looked at the wiring diagrams and wondering if the bulb is burnt out would it still charge like it supposed to . Has anyone had this kind of problem on theirs and what did you find .
Some cars have both the light and a resistor in parallel. If the bulb burns out it will still charge with that setup. You have to pull the light to see the resistor. More than likely what you have . . . .

Some cars have both the light and a resistor in parallel. If the bulb burns out it will still charge with that setup. You have to pull the light to see the resistor. More than likely what you have . . . .
That explains why it will charge and the bulb not working , the wiring diagram did not break it down like that . Thanks Jerryl and Paul

the lamp socket has a resistor ...it will charge with a loose or blown bulb
if the socket twisted loose ..no charge

replace the bulb...remove bezel, remove filter from gauge pack and pull the bulb out
I have found out it is the bulb for sure , I tore into it I removed the bezel , remove filter gauge cover pack and that bulb will not pull out at all , what is the trick in getting it out , it looks to me that the hole cluster speedo and all has to come out and unscrew the socket and replace the the bulb that way , what do you think ?

its just a push in bulb , push a piece of hose over it , put finger over end of hose and pull
I am fully aware of that its just a push in bulb but I am having a time trying to get it to move , I will try your hose trick and see what happens . It seems the corner of the bulb is holding in

When I repair digital dash clusters, I do this mod to every dash that comes in. Works on both analog and digital cars. It does a great job if the VOLTS bulb should go out.
volts-resistor-mod.jpg

Here is the optional bulb socket with the resistor. It's found in maybe 15% of all turbo Regals produced.
optional_volts_lamp.jpg