You can type here any text you want

Alternator question????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gn_steve

boosted canadian
Hi guys is there any direct bolt on and direct plug in alternators tjat we can put in the gn's??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont whant a stock alternator i whant an upgrade???

Scan master biger pump powerloger a good sound systeme

96 Chevy Impala will fit and provide more than the stock. I've been running it for awhile. Bench tested it at Richard Clark's I don't recall the numbers under load but he was impressed.

You could also take your existing alternator to a local alternator shop and have them upgrade the internals.
I did that with mine and had it upgraded and tested to 140AMP. It cost me about $90 locally and they did it fast.

So 1996 impala ss 350lt1 is a direct bolt an play??? I will order one tomorow!

Scan master biger pump powerloger a good sound systeme

You won't come close to maxing out the stocker as long as you have a good battery. Even the GN that Richard Clark won all of the audio awards with had a stocker.

Richard Clark had a couple of guys help him run EVERY accessory at the same time on a GN on the dyno ,
Both Windows, locks, head lights on high , fans on high , AC on high , horn ,stereo on and off to run the antenna up and down , rear defroster , power seat , etc .
If I remember correctly he just touched the max on the stocker ...I will look up the thread to be sure when I get to my computer.

My car has Reds double pumper , 7 electric gauges, FAST XFI, 2 amps and a couple of subs , digital dash , power moonroof, locks, windows , trunk, antenna , Power Seat , twilight sentinel, defroster, electronic boost controller and I run a stocker with no issue .

Bryan

So 1996 impala ss 350lt1 is a direct bolt an play??? I will order one tomorow!

Yes. Works great. I have all the usual drains. Two big amps, Hotwire. Fuel pump etc

You will have to re-clock the case when you purchase. Very easily done

Back