You can type here any text you want

Aluminum block torque specs??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboDave

RIP DAVE
Staff member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Try as I may, I haven't been able to find any torque specs for an alumimum stage II block.

Mains

Heads, studs....bolts....

front cover

oil pan

TIA

I doubt you're going to find anyone with a specification for those blocks..they're just too rare. I would call Ken Duttweiler, as he's apparently built a couple of these before, and/or Mike at TA Performance, since he is probably developing torque specs for the new TA block.

Generic advice: stud everything, and use torque specs based on the stud diameter and thread type. Here's a page with torque recommendations for ARP hardware, which is based on 75% of the fastener's yield strength.

http://www.centuryperformance.com/torquerec.asp

Good luck! :)

Originally posted by KendallF
I doubt you're going to find anyone with a specification for those blocks..they're just too rare. I would call Ken Duttweiler, as he's apparently built a couple of these before, and/or Mike at TA Performance, since he is probably developing torque specs for the new TA block.

Generic advice: stud everything, and use torque specs based on the stud diameter and thread type. Here's a page with torque recommendations for ARP hardware, which is based on 75% of the fastener's yield strength.

http://www.centuryperformance.com/torquerec.asp

Good luck! :)

Thanks Kendall, that's a good link. I was thinking of doing just that (stud everything). Including the front cover, assuming I can find enough studs that size of such varying lengths. Shouldn't be too difficult, just a little costly.

It's odd, but nice in a way. These blocks were cast so that virtually every hole is blind. Only one front cover hole penatrates the block (but it's an odd one that doesn't belong), and one engine mount bolt hole penetrates. But none of the head holes penetrate, they all have pockets cast. :D

Back