You can type here any text you want

Aluminum GN rims

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87geeinn

Buick and AMG pilot
15x7 front / 15x8 rear

Attachments

• IMG_1169.JPG
    IMG_1169.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 421
  • IMG_1170.JPG
    IMG_1170.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 448
  • IMG_1171.JPG
    IMG_1171.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 420
  • IMG_1172.JPG
    IMG_1172.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 421
  • IMG_1173.JPG
    IMG_1173.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 411
  • IMG_1174.JPG
    IMG_1174.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 384
I think the best part was when I took the first turn with them around a corner. I had those same 275 MT's crammed on the stock wheels on the rear and it felt like the car just floated around corners. I forgot what a difference a properly fitted rim and tire feels like!

The only VERY SMALL gripes I have about the rims are that the clearance between the lug nuts and the well that they sit in are pretty tight and it's hard not to scuff up the powdercoating when mounting/torquing the lugs down. Secondly, the wire retaining ring for the center caps are flimsy and break easily. Lastly, the bead of the tire makes the rim poke out a little more than the stockers but it's not that bad. I'm sure these minor differences are intentional in design, taking into account the strength limitations of aluminum vs. steel. All in all, I give these a 9.7 out of 10. I know Brian put a lot of time and effort into making these things come to fruition...and for that I'm grateful.

Austin. I agree with you 100%. I love my wheels but the lugs are way to close to the wheels. I bought thin walled sockets, didnt help.

They look great. Do you think 15 x 9 would work in the back or is that a little much. I love the stock look and just can't get rid of my stock rims so this may be the best alternative. I'm just not happy with my size choices for the stock rims and even thought of getting stocks resized to 15 x 8 or 15 x 9. What do you think?

Agree that they are awesome, I love mine. Also agree that the lugs are close. Overall, I'm really pleased with the quality of the wheels and the service from GBody. I just need to figure out a solution so I don't damage the black powder coat.

Regards,
John

Back