You can type here any text you want

Aluminum or plastic under-dash pad

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BlackMetal

You know... the one that always sags and looks ugly. Maybe there's already a replacement available that I don't know about?

Either kirbans or poston's (don't remember which) made a fiberglass part at one time.

I found some scrap metal about an inch wide that looked like they had two beads rolled on them full length. I simply put them back to back (plastic cover in the middle) drilled holes and pop-riveted them together. No more sag! You could use aluminum angle "iron" or something that has a little strength to it also. Whole lot cheaper than a new part!

I found some scrap metal about an inch wide that looked like they had two beads rolled on them full length. I simply put them back to back (plastic cover in the middle) drilled holes and pop-riveted them together. No more sag! You could use aluminum angle "iron" or something that has a little strength to it also. Whole lot cheaper than a new part!

I've actually thought about doing that

I did the exact same thing. I used 1" aluminum strips that you can buy at Lowe's

Back