Aluminum or plastic under-dash pad

BlackMetal

You know... the one that always sags and looks ugly. Maybe there's already a replacement available that I don't know about?

Either kirbans or poston's (don't remember which) made a fiberglass part at one time.

I found some scrap metal about an inch wide that looked like they had two beads rolled on them full length. I simply put them back to back (plastic cover in the middle) drilled holes and pop-riveted them together. No more sag! You could use aluminum angle "iron" or something that has a little strength to it also. Whole lot cheaper than a new part!

I found some scrap metal about an inch wide that looked like they had two beads rolled on them full length. I simply put them back to back (plastic cover in the middle) drilled holes and pop-riveted them together. No more sag! You could use aluminum angle "iron" or something that has a little strength to it also. Whole lot cheaper than a new part!

I've actually thought about doing that

I did the exact same thing. I used 1" aluminum strips that you can buy at Lowe's