Am i the first to convert to round headlights???? look, pics

Weird,
I think maybe...um. I might like it. I won't do it but it's not bad. Or maybe the lack of sleep over the last month is getting to me...

I put 87 Cutlass headlights in my 84 Cutlass. Had to do some cutting and make brackets but it looks awesome. As someone said earlier this would probably be a better alternative as my original headlights were similar to a GN's. I still have to finish the surround but I will download some picts tommorrow.

I would say I like it for a custom touch. It is different and if you can reverse it without any ill effects then it is all the better. I think the main thing is most people are used to seeing these cars one way and when someone does something different like that it really is a shock.

I wondered what a set of the new BMW lights would look like myself.
Anyway, Good luck!

Beemers

It would look cool if you Drilled some holes in the roof and mounted all 4 of those lights across the top of the car. You would really have some bright lights(beemers i should say). Like the 4x4 trucks.

Just my opinion, I like it, a tasteful street rod type touch that would give the car a more expensive look, and there is no reason you could'nt make it look as though the factory did it, in fact if the factory would have, someone installing square headlights would be getting a bad rap. All the old cars from the beginning till mid 70's ( at least American cars) used round headlights, and had variouse headlight bezel designs to compliment the cars style. I am not saying the square headlights are bad, they look fine on most of the cars they came on, Regal and other G bodies, the round just look better (my opinion) . They are on all old muscle cars, square or round body styles, most exotics and most Lemans race cars, and from a natural aspect, light emits radially (except lasers) in all directions, not a square beam, ok, I am getting carried away, I still think it would look good as long as they have a factory installed finish. A good thing to do would be to buy a spare Regal header panel and use it for the mod or at least keep it in the attic in case you sell the car ( I would store the original), that way no value lost, and the new owner could choose. Again, make it look like the factory could have, do'nt put on some kind of plastic covers or such. Good luck.

I happen to like them and have been critized about some of my ideas but keep in mind the age gap of the people who own these cars as well and that will explain alot

JOhnny montoya

New picture up on the site,

All 4 lights are round in this pic, gives better idea of what it may look like although still none of this is permanent, but is interchangeable between round and square. the round has grown on me, and i have come to like it, its different, and definately stands out from the crowd. People look at it and wonder whats different. Reason i did it was to see what it would look like, and yes i have too much time on my hands.

www.insanelyquick.20fr.com/bothroundlights.jpg

Check out that pic and lemme know what its like all around

Equalizer, your car looks stoned. Bad spider problem in Virginia, eh?

I like the 4 round headlights...kinda NASCARish and the car looks pissed off. Different and cool.

Just thought of something

It would really look Kool if you turned those round lights into hide aways. So with the left over retangulars you could mount them across the front bumper and give the car a Euro look. That mod was really popular when i was in europe.

It would really look Kool if you turned those round lights into hide aways. So with the left over retangulars you could mount them across the front bumper and give the car a Euro look. That mod was really popular when i was in europe.

yuck

.......looks good............

Your car will stand out in a crowd without being "gawdy". It's refreshing to see someone use their own imagination instead of following the crowd. Ignore the negative comments and keep building away.......good luck to you

Maybe throw some plexi covers over the roundies to give it sort of a LeMans look? Of course, the LEAST aerodynamic LeMans car -ever- but it might look better.

Here are the picts of my Cutlass. Hopefully they come up. If not, go to www.photoisland.com and enter 1965fairlane for the user ID and lights for the password. I used the lights from an 87 and the regular 84 Header panel. The header panels are different but I liked my grilles and header as the 87 has a rounded edge and smaller grilles as well as turn signals around the side of the headlights that I don't like. Just another idea. Please excuse me as it has been raining so the car isn't it's cleanest. Soon I will have the 442 decals/stripes on and the filler panels painted for the headlights. http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Mar/20033174169093024500763.jpg
http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Mar/20033178753975450875107.jpg
http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Mar/20033172726971612129985.jpg

cool man i like your lights in your cutlass, doubt they would fit the regal headlight bezels without some reconstructive surgery, but i would like ot see what it would look like in a regal. Good job.

Ive seen a few Regals around my area over the years with it done. One was a pretty nice show car. Forgot which type of car the "euro" lights came off of, but I can probably find out. It was something along the lines of a Lumina, or one of the other similar size GM front wheel drive cars.
I did this same conversion some years back to a '77 Impala that I had, using "euro" lights from a '90 Caprice in the junkyard.

Wacko took the words right outta my mouth! The thing DOES look pissed off! MEAN! Personally, I like it! (and geez guys, he changed the headlights, it's not like he duct-taped a chromed plastic imitation 8-71 blower on the hood!)

When I first read the post, I was thinking maybe he used some of those newer small-diameter headlights...those might be interesting!

I'm wholeheartedly for moving away from what everybody else has. Those poor guys with GNs have to be identical to all other GNs. :D Fortunately, we TType guys can take all the artistic license we want. Round headlites are not for me but if you like it, that's good....... it's different. I would point out that Regals are rather angular and boxy as opposed to roundish, so imo look better with the square headlites. You guys, spending lots of money for billet wheels might take that into account and stop buying wheels with big circles in them. :p