American POWS

Two Lane

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A14972-2003Mar23.html

"Showing the television footage may have been Iraq's way of testing America's resolve in the war.

In Somalia in 1993, American audiences were outraged by television pictures showing Somali crowds dragging the bodies of American soldiers through the streets of Mogadishu.

U.S. troops were pulled out of Somalia shortly after the incident."
=============================================
The last paragraph from the above article refers to the American Rangers being abandoned after being ambushed by a rag-tag gang belonging to a Somali warlord, who Clinton had targeted for removal.

well they are not playing fair and if it was up to me I would level everything as far as the eye could see in that god forsakein land.Urban warfare is a death trap and many will die so just bomb the hell out of everything in our way and only leave the oil wells standing.to all the bleeding heart protesters "grow some ballz"or shut up!

BAD THINGS HAPPEN IN A WAR. WE WILL CORRECT OUR MISTAKES. ADJUST OUR TACTICS. DESTROY THE ENEMY. :mad:

KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE BALL.

Originally posted by StagedGN
well they are not playing fair and if it was up to me I would level everything as far as the eye could see in that god forsakein land.Urban warfare is a death trap and many will die so just bomb the hell out of everything in our way and only leave the oil wells standing.to all the bleeding heart protesters "grow some ballz"or shut up!

And a bad thing is our press. 70+% of us are for liberating the Iraqi's poor citizens, yet by the coverage this 'have nothing better to do protestors' you'd think 70% of the US was agains the war.

Originally posted by Red Regal T
BAD THINGS HAPPEN IN A WAR. WE WILL CORRECT OUR MISTAKES. ADJUST OUR TACTICS. DESTROY THE ENEMY. :mad:

KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE BALL.

I agree. It's war. All's fair, as they say. It sucks to see POWs and dead Marines but you have to expect some losses. They were ambushed in a fake surrender. Well, they just f'd everything up for their friends. No more "surrenders". Just kill 'em all, then, and let God sort 'em out.

Jim

Originally posted by StagedGN

Ditto to that..

im with jimmy, kill 'em all let God sort 'em out. they're all bad as far as im concerned. one thing that pisses me off tho is that guys dad telling Bush that he killed his only son and whatever. look im sorry he lost his son but the guy knew good and well what he volunteered for when sighed on the dotted line as do thousands of other soldiers who all know they could be killed at any second. it could have easily been someone elses kid. its not Bush's fault the guy died. our society is so damn politically correct nowadays it pisses me off. people whine over EVERYTHING. do the protesters really think Bush will stop the war to listen to their dumbass complaints? hey guess what we get less than 3% of our oil from Iraq. why are prices so high, Venezuela for one thing and price gougin due to American misinformation/speculation, thats why. oh well im tired of writing and there aint a damn thing i can do on here 'cept vent and maybe argue with some liberals.:rolleyes:

I agree with some of the above comments. Once our troops get to Baghdad they will be in for a real tough fight. No need to make it any harder than it has to be just to please the bleeding hearts. I say do like the American army did in WW2 in Europe. Forget trying to clear out one building after the next with small arms and hand grenades. When they encounter resistance just use the tanks to blow the crap out of the building and drive OVER it :mad:

The problem is America since Vietnam has always approached every battle with one arm tied behind her back in the name of decency and human rights....when will our leaders approach a war as a war? Our enemies do. If it were up to this country's panty waist liberal press media, we would all be the subjects of saddam insane.:mad:

Originally posted by turbo buicks
im with jimmy, kill 'em all let God sort 'em out. they're all bad as far as im concerned. one thing that pisses me off tho is that guys dad telling Bush that he killed his only son and whatever. look im sorry he lost his son but the guy knew good and well what he volunteered for when sighed on the dotted line as do thousands of other soldiers who all know they could be killed at any second. it could have easily been someone elses kid. its not Bush's fault the guy died. our society is so damn politically correct nowadays it pisses me off. people whine over EVERYTHING. do the protesters really think Bush will stop the war to listen to their dumbass complaints? hey guess what we get less than 3% of our oil from Iraq. why are prices so high, Venezuela for one thing and price gougin due to American misinformation/speculation, thats why. oh well im tired of writing and there aint a damn thing i can do on here 'cept vent and maybe argue with some liberals.:rolleyes:

Absolutely!:mad: Especially in this day and age - you volunteered knowing it was a good posibillity - fighting that is. What do you think and army was for? College tuition reimbursement:rolleyes:

The worst part was the Iraqis were holding white flags (indicating surrender), and then they opened fire on our troops. This is BS. :mad: We should take no prisiners, and just kill 'em all. The only good one is one with a bullet in his (or her) head anyway...:mad: :mad: :mad:

A National Review columnist has the right idea,
http://www.nationalreview.com/babbin/babbin.asp

... Tommy Franks's deputy commander -- confirmed the faked surrender and also said that some Iraqis were fighting while wearing civilian clothes, and when mounted on modified civilian vehicles ...

[we have to] revise the Rules of Engagement to protect our troops from the fake surrender ruse. ... we have to change our approach to warring with barbarians. Sherman -- an Indian fighter after the Civil War -- was asked how he could tell a good Indian from a bad one. ... Sherman said, "kill 'em all and let God sort them out." We -- the good guys -- can't refuse to take prisoners. ... But we do need to change the way we do it.

... when any significant number of Iraqis indicate they want to surrender, they should be covered by aircraft orbiting out of shoulder-fired missile range. If any of the Iraqis -- or any other group lying in wait -- start shooting at our guys, all of them should be killed, even if they try to surrender when we start shooting. All of them.

It seems that our military leaders have forgotten some or all of their Vietnam lessons, you cannot be a Redcross worker and a Soldier at the same time! Lets shoot every raghead who is carrying a weapon and get this thing overwith.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

what i dont understand, is in the first atricle they said that 'perhaps one aircraft' is missing, how can you not know if an aircraft is missing, i mean they arent usually to small... and i would know if one didnt come back if i was inthe tower or on the boat it took off from..

-neil

Originally posted by Vendor Defendor
what i dont understand, is in the first atricle they said that 'perhaps one aircraft' is missing, how can you not know if an aircraft is missing, i mean they arent usually to small... and i would know if one didnt come back if i was inthe tower or on the boat it took off from..

-neil
This morning they did show some towel heads near a downed Apachee helicopter,some gear and 2 helmots laying on the ground ,,no sign of the pilots,,the copter looked like it was parked there ,no visible damage

KILL THEM ALLLLLLL

:eek:

Originally posted by Two Lane

"Showing the television footage may have been Iraq's way of testing America's resolve in the war.

SEEMS TURBOBUICK BOARDMEMBERS LOST INTEREST.......NO COMMENTS FOR 10 HOURS. :rolleyes: