You can type here any text you want

amish intemidation

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
FWIW...

Im in the same area as equalizer is (Roanoke).. I havent noticed any hard core Amish ppl here but we do have plenty of what I think are refered to as menonites(sp?) whos religious beliefs seem to be very close to Amish. They are called "dunkards" by the locals. I dunno what a "dunkard" actualy means myself so no offense to anyone.

Anyway...... The "dunkards" around here drive non flashy cars, guys have a beard but no mustache, woman wear that net cap/hat thing, woman arent allowed to were pants or make-up, etc, etc.

The point is, however, that these ppl DO drive cars unlike the hard core northern Amish so 442s story could VERY well be easily pulled off in this area. Especially when dealing with some droopy pants wearing ricer that isnt smart enough to pour pee out of a glass with the instructions written on the bottom.

I wanna do something similar but pass off the Syclone as a "farm use only" truck complete with a few bails of hay in the bed, me in overalls, work boots, plaid shirt, and chewing "backy" (ewww).

I know this is getting off the topic...but this is only the second time in my life that I have heard the term "Dunkard". The first time was at my Grandma's funeral (bear with me here). The pastor said that when she was younger, she used to be a Dunkard. I was told later that it was a religion similiar to modern day Baptists. The name was derived, because they submersed or "dunked" people in water following their acceptance of Jesus Christ into their heart. I don't know how true this is.

It's interesting what you can learn on www.turbobuick.com!

I havent noticed any hard core Amish ppl here but we do have plenty of what I think are refered to as menonites(sp?) whos religious beliefs seem to be very close to Amish.

neather have i but i doubt if i could tell a amish person apart from the others.

I wanna do something similar but pass off the Syclone as a "farm use only" truck complete with a few bails of hay in the bed, me in overalls, work boots, plaid shirt, and chewing "backy" (ewww).

lets get together on that some day. i can find a pig some where and get one of them big static cling s10 window clingers lol

Mormons by the way, don't dress any different than you do. Unless they have different taste in clothes. I, in fact, wear a United States Air Force uniform to work and have been "Mormon" (which is a misnomer and inappropriate nickname although widely accepted) all my life.
Keith

Right now there is a Amish guy at church talking trash about how he dressed up like a redneck and took his buggy two towns over looking for a race.

:rolleyes: :confused:

Lot's of good Buick info on this board, but sometimes there is too little intellect about what happens outside of the garage on here too.

Buggy Racing

I think somewhere on the board here is a story of a buggy crash involving 3 amish youths. Seems 2 of them were racing their buggies on a 2 lane road when they topped a hill and crashed into the 3rd teen. One of the horses had to be put down.

Just goes to prove the saying "Run what you brung"

Dave

LMAO!!! wether its true or not i really don't care!!!! thats hillarious!!!!! i wish i knew where the ricers hang out around here, sure am getting hungry for some rice.

Back