You can type here any text you want

Amplifier for sub??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Renthorin

Lone Wolf
I am seeing some amplifiers that are just for subs. Are these any better than a regular amp with a crossover that can be bridged?

I have a Californian Audio amp that is 75 rms per channel. It has a slide switch that boosts the signal below 100 htz by 12 db or something like that. I have it bridged at the moment.

It has been working great in the back of my Daytona so now I might use it to power the sub I am going to put in the GN.

I say California Audio and everyone cringes :-(

Is it really a bad amp?

I am loooking for one that has speaker line inputs and quick disconnect of the power leads so I can take it out when I show the car.

Anyone have a favorite so I can look around at pricing?

Originally posted by Renthorin
I say California Audio and everyone cringes :-(

Is it really a bad amp?

Its an entry level amp that does not have the clarity or the power of a name brand amplifier. Its not an amplifier of choice if you are an audiophile. If money is an issue, you can purchase used name brand amplifiers for ususally half or less the retail cost which will cost the same as a new entry level amp.

Originally posted by Renthorin
Wizard - can I get a good amp for a single sub for $200.00?

It depends on what brand you go with but generally yes, especially when you can buy from someone that is in a pinch and needs money verses a shop that take used equipment in on trade and gives it the usual mark up. Even in a stereo shop you can find good deals on used name brand amplifiers if you are at the right one at the right time.

EDIT>>MCSS383 has a used Kicker ZR 360 that puts out more than enough power for a single or dual sub set-up for around that price range, give him a shout through a post, private message, or e-mail. HTH :)

For a sub installation it would probably be good enough. Don't have to worry too much about frequency response, or alternator noise, RFI, EMR ,etc. Just get a good quality amp for you full range speakers.

Yep, I have my Kicker ZR360 for sale. It puts out 550rmsx1 @ 4ohm mono and 725rmsx1 @2ohm mono. Price is $150.

Its in great condition.

Thanks mcss. I took a peak at that amp online and it is kind of big for what I had in mind.
18-3/8"W x 3"H x 10-1/16"D

Let me decide on my sub box first and if there is room for that amp I will let ya know :-)

if it is an amp you are looking for then i have an infinity beta digital 100 for sale that puts out 400 watts rms. it doesnt get much cleaner than infinity! its a great amp im just in need of something bigger because i need to power two elemental designs k series 12's :D (at least thats the plan for now) id let it go for 150 also, this is a steal condidering it was over 400 new!
let me know if you are interested, Taylor

HEY MCSS,
if that kicker amp you have is in good working condition then i'll take it. and of course, i'll pay shipping on top of that $150 (i hate when people try to get that included;) ) let me know,
Taylor

Back