AN oil cooler lines

DailyDrifter

The Slow and the Curious
Does anyone know the fittings that will be needed to run from the filter housing to an external cooler I plan on using -8AN. Does gnxtc2
know?

I am in the process of adding an external oil cooler, and installing a new F-Boby radiator. From the filter housing I am using a 1/2" NPT male to a -8AN male, next in line will be a -8AN 45 female to -8AN socketless hose. The other end of the hose will have -8AN socketless hose to 1/2" NPT male into the oil cooler.

Does anyone know the fittings that will be needed to run from the filter housing to an external cooler I plan on using -8AN. Does gnxtc2
know?

Yes I do :biggrin:

After you remove the original fitting and you will be left with 1/2NPT female threads. Then you can use 1/2NPT(male) - -8AN(male) fitting. Wheather its an angled fitting or hose end depends your configuration.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Thank you again, BTW the 90 coming of the fuel press reg. was not tight enough, but i just used my brute strenght to make it more of a 120 instead. Thanks again guys, p.s those an lines are a :mad:

I have a hot air that did not come with an oil cooler; I installed a b&m 70266 race cooler and a transdapt oil filter bypass with all -8 an steel braded lines and my oil stays cool as h3ll. Before that upgrade my lifters would tick after a hard run on the freeway even with 20/50; now i run 10/30 and no problem.

Bingo!!!!

I have a hot air that did not come with an oil cooler; I installed a b&m 70266 race cooler and a transdapt oil filter bypass with all -8 an steel braded lines and my oil stays cool as h3ll. Before that upgrade my lifters would tick after a hard run on the freeway even with 20/50; now i run 10/30 and no problem.

Post this next time all the naysayer say an oil cooler is not needed. Bet you have better oil pressure also. Buick did not put an oil cooler on the 86 just for fun. They learned some things of the older turbo cars.

I used -10 on my lines and removed the cooler adapator off and installed a screw in plug into the bypass so all the oil passes the cooler.

Earls makes a Hose End that is angled and swivels AND has the 1/2" NPT built in so no need for the adapter + hose end; just the end.

Attachments

• GN Oil cooler adap lines.jpg
    GN Oil cooler adap lines.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 229
  • GN Oil Coolerfittings.jpg
    GN Oil Coolerfittings.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 158
42936d1203235574-oil-cooler-lines-gn-oil-

The ones in the pic look like 45* (Earl's part numbers)
1/2NPT(male) - -10AN(hose) 824510ERL
1/2NPT(male) - -8AN(hose) 824588ERL

The above part numbers are for 45* fittings. This type of hose end is only made in a straight, 45* or 90*. The cost of each end is in area of $30

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com