You can type here any text you want

another factory alarm question or????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

asrnj77

I've been using the search button thoroughly but want to see if this is my prob. I have a new GN with factory alarm. I used the door key but I think the blinking yellow light remained on...the power door lock doesn't work on the passenger side so I manually opened their door. The car started fine and I let it warm up I then put it in drive and it died but lost all electrical power. No lights, no radio, no nothing. Is this related to the alarm? Is this a sort of electrical cutoff? Is there a way to reset it? I didn't get a chance to look at fuses yet because I haven't gone back done with a flashlight. Is this any easy solve or do I need to start digging? Thanks

It does not sound like the factory alarm is your problem but if you would like send me a PM I will tell you how to arm and disarm the factory alarm. Would rather not post it on the public forum as our cars are targets for theft!

Thank you. I actually left it alone to come upstairs and post my problems and when I went back down I tried the key and low and behold it worked. I also lifted the steering wheel which I had previously lowered possibly crimping a wire. No sure which one did it but it seems I got it back to normal. Thanks though, I'm sure to have many more questions

Back