Another Fan Question

BlueT-Type

My fan stays on through out the time the engine is running. Shuts off when the car is shut off regardless of temp.

Is this function part of the chip program? I have either a pitbull or Kenne Bell chip according to the previous owner(I will confirm this if it matters).

Trying to understand it's proper function and or how to make it operate as it was intended OEM. Or maybe it's best this way. New to these cars so i'm learning

THANKS

change the chip before you damage the motor

stock the chip controls the fan to run in low speed when above the temp set in the chip for stock chip thats 195 , for modern aftermarket chips like turbotweak they assume you have already installed a 160 thermostat and then they set the turnon to 168 , otherwise there's a safety built in to run the fan in high if temps exceed 224 , also if you have the a/c on the fanrns in high mode regardless of temp as long as key is on

some of the old school kb race chips were set up to run fan at all times since the only time you should be running that chip is at the track with race fuel in the tank , at wot should the fan should turn off , try key on engine off and depress throttle to floor , if fan goes off than its the chip thats making it run

ill repeat , get a modern chip in there
turbotweak.com

if you want to understand or troubleshoot the fan system , check www.vortexbuicks-etc.com
http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/fan.htm