You can type here any text you want

Another GNX muffler info/question, might be one for the ASC guys.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LC2 ROD

The original LC2 ROD
I would like to know the thought behind the factory installed dents on the 2 corners of GNX mufflers?
What are they for? Why does one side face the driveshaft and the other not?

Also, I am installing a Kirban GNX exhaust system on a GNX but I didnt like the mufflers he uses. The original mufflers off the car are wasted.
Any ideas? I would like it to look close to stock.
Thanks.

Rod,

Here is quote from another thread where Rick Hunt touched on them:
That is production representative...many people have the same response when looking at them:confused: . The GNX muffler system was taken from another vehicle that needed clearance in this area:eek: . The GNX program did not eliminate this process from the muffler supplier. So bent in mufflers it is.:biggrin:

Here is a picture of a GNX Exhaust system with a close up of the mufflers removed from an original 8K Mile car.

Attachments

• Picture 098.jpg
    Picture 098.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 413
  • Picture 099.jpg
    Picture 099.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 402
I'm pretty sure it was the 442 exhaust used on the GNX. They had 2 1/4" pipes and the Monte was 2" I believe. I think the Monte's mufflers were longer too.

The 442 mounted the mufflers more angled so that put the mufflers very close to the forward lower control arm mount. I'm thinking maybe they used the 442 mufflers and tailpipes and a GNX only "Y" pipe since the 442 had a conventional 2 1/4" ball connection to the back of the converter instead of the wide oval mouth like a Buick.

Mufflers were used on pre-1984 Regals...actually they didn't call them mufflers..they were resonators.

Thats good info. If they were used on earlyer Regals, I wonder why there so hard to find.

My thoughts on the GNX exhaust are what were they thinking of & looks terrible on an otherwise nice car. I know its original equipment & all that but I would like to meet the person that came up with that abomination.

My thoughts on the GNX exhaust are what were they thinking of & looks terrible on an otherwise nice car. I know its original equipment & all that but I would like to meet the person that came up with that abomination.

I didnt vote for him, I mean them.

Back