You can type here any text you want

another gta wheel thread

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

j13smiley

ok - i'm gonna break down and buy new wheels sometime... anyone sell new gta wheels in gold or am i stuck buying refurbed ones?

so far the best bet i can find on refurbed ones is (from the tta faq)...
http://www.fbodymotorsports.com/inc/pdetail?v=1&pid=2889

also - what is the difference between front and backs??? these sites say you can't use the rears up front.... they're they same size aren't they? does that mean i can't rotate my tires??? :confused:

different offset ... so no you can't just "rotate" your tires :eek:

[j13smiley]
ok - i'm gonna break down and buy new wheels sometime... anyone sell new gta wheels in gold or am i stuck buying refurbed ones?

so far the best bet i can find on refurbed ones is (from the tta faq)...
http://www.fbodymotorsports.com/inc/pdetail?v=1&pid=2889

also - what is the difference between front and backs??? these sites say you can't use the rears up front.... they're they same size aren't they? does that mean i can't rotate my tires??? :confused:[/QUOTE]

This is also on our FAQ page

Originally posted by 89ICBM

Chris,

Try wheelcollision.com the fronts are part # 1507 $240.0 ea. and the backs are # 1508 $185 ea. They are listed as metallic gold but the original color I believe was called Aztec gold. I got a set from them and they were perfect. Give them a call to make sure your on the same page 800-292-7467.

Jan Larsson said:
Be careful dealing with fbodymotorsports .... do a search on the www.thirdgen.org forum and you probabrly wont deal with them ...

i already had a runin with them. i also swore i'd never attempt to buy from them again. after some searching over there on thirdgen.org i can that is their standard practice. funny... they seemed nice when i met them at the ta nationals last year..... :rolleyes:

Yes, I too had a bad experience with fbodymotorsports(cost me $175) and I will never deal with them again!

James

I would look for them used - thirdgen.org is a great place.

Despite being told that they are hard to find, in a weeks time, I found two people willing to sell their set of gold GTA rims to me.

The set I eneded up getting were not in the best shape, but they had brand new rubber on them. Got them dirt cheap, had them reconditioned - and they came out better than new! I was impressed. They make for a great set of 'extra' wheels.

Just make sure that whatever you decide, you get the correct centercaps - the WS6 ones tend to be hard to come by. I lucked out, the guy I got my rims from still had them.

Chris
-------------
1989 Turbo Trans Am #760 (1563 miles)
1983 Delorean DMC-12
1985 Kawasaki Eliminator ZL900

my center caps are good. and i have plenty of rubber sitting around my house. i'm gonna call around and see if i can find some one local that can recondition wheels...

Well, if you can find someone local to you it would probably be cheaper than sending your wheels to Wheel Collision. Sending them to WC would be $720 plus shipping for all four wheels to be refurbished. Is there a wheels America in your area?

89ICBM said:
Well, if you can find someone local to you it would probably be cheaper than sending your wheels to Wheel Collision. Sending them to WC would be $720 plus shipping for all four wheels to be refurbished. Is there a wheels America in your area?

no - never heard of wheels america.... :(

Back