You can type here any text you want

Another Lingenfelter Impala Kill!

• Thread starter Thread starter Tubo Boy
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
T

Tubo Boy

We went to a local cruise night at Bald Hill on Long Island and everyone loved my friend fathers 95 imapala ss done by lingenfelter. It 383 stroker, 442hp and 492ftlbs at the wheels, eibach springs, bilstiens, thw works. Were leaving and he throws a fes revs at a 69 camaro, sounds awsome, 4spd, 396 looks pretty fast and all black just like the impala. we were at a 20mph roll and both get on it. The camaro pulls about 2cars on us and by third gear we walk by him, a good race. Next we pull up to a lite we go from a dead stop. We get off dead even and stay that way until 3rd gear again and walk by him. this was with about 1000lbs of people in the car, 5 of us, 3 in the back so it hooked pretty damb good. I love this car. He got somemany commenting on how it was the nicest impala the've ever seen. It such a great hobby. Can't wait till i drive, 7months!

glad.....

.....that you love american cars brother. How old are you anyways?

Impalas are nice rides, and the last of the "family" RWD V8 cars. LT1's are great engines for working up, and thats one of the only things I like that Lingenfelter specializes in. Forget vettes! I would rather have a land boat that can move like a rocket on a roller skate :D

Im only 15 and plagued with a 70 cutlass. I just got it back from the tranny shop, new servo, shift kit, and kick-down cable, fille with B&M trick shift. Getting painted soon. The impala is such a nice ride. Reminds me of my cutlass but just a liiiiiiiiiiiiiitle faster, a litle. I love that impala.

whatta ya figure it would run in the quarter? 440 hp in a 4000+ car...high 12's??? sounds like a fun car, make sure to have him spank one of those new mercury marauders for me ok?!?

The car runs low 13's in the quarter, it has good topend. Today he is looking into getting a supercharger for it hoping for about 600hp but it has a non blower friendly 10.8 to 1 compression ratio.

PLAGUED????

Originally posted by Tubo Boy
Im only 15 and plagued with a 70 cutlass. I just got it back from the tranny shop, new servo, shift kit, and kick-down cable, fille with B&M trick shift. Getting painted soon. The impala is such a nice ride. Reminds me of my cutlass but just a liiiiiiiiiiiiiitle faster, a litle. I love that impala.

Look at me, 17 with a 2.8L S-10 ;)

Whats that Cutlass got in it? A 400? A 350?

Your lucky to get a Cutlass. Wanna trade? :D

My cutlass has a 2bbl 350 with 260hp, and 370lbft. I might get dual exuast and 4bbl just to make sure I beat import trash. It also has a th350 beefed up tranny and best of all a 2.56 peg leg rear.

Re: PLAGUED????

Originally posted by Big Paul

Look at me, 17 with a 2.8L S-10 ;)

Whats that Cutlass got in it? A 400? A 350?

Your lucky to get a Cutlass. Wanna trade? :D

-You think you have it bad? Try being 21 in a 2.5L 4-Cyl Ford Ranger. Now that is a fate worse then death sometimes. Please post pity threads.

Don't worry with that.....

Originally posted by Tubo Boy
My cutlass has a 2bbl 350 with 260hp, and 370lbft. I might get dual exuast and 4bbl just to make sure I beat import trash. It also has a th350 beefed up tranny and best of all a 2.56 peg leg rear.

.....that 2bbl 350, if you wanna smoke rice you need to swap out them gears for something lower.

Maybe some 3.42's will help ya out and keep it driveable.

The 350 can stay the way it is, I think it'll do just fine.........well, if it were my car i'd go with headers and a 4bbl as well :D It'll help insurance wise when you get in a jam.

gears and posi are pretty expensive, i could get headers, exuast, and 4bbl for like $500 gears alone would be $500

A have a few questions. i picked up a sun 3 3/4 tach today for the gutlass. I can either mount it on the dash over the stereo, or in the existing dash were there is just a phony gage. What should I do. I really want to moniter the revs and not let them get over 4500rpm. The car is all original with 85k on it, do you think it will last. Last thing. Were can i get olds, pontiac, or chevy ralleye rims for my car. I don't wanna dish out money for cragers and have 4brand new tires on the stock hupcap rims. Junkyard?

i would put the tach in the dash for a stock look, and i think summit may have the wheels you are looking for, they are made by wheel vintiques. i would really consider the gears and a posi cuz performance wont do anything if you cant hook up.

Back