Another mass airflow question

savagebreed

My car runs horrible. It all started yesterday out the blue. I was just cruzing the day before. Im thinking maf. After I start the car idles fine then starts to choke and bogg. While the car was at idle i tap on the maf and it surges and wants to die o2 reading went to 010 when taped on. Would a good maf do that when taped on? When I say tap I mean so lightly. I also unplugged the maf and it gets really bad when I did that. Another thing is my scan master is showing no codes. My blm went to 110-114 at idle when the night before they were at 126-128. any ideas? to much fuel for sure.

If you tapped on the maf lightly and it sputtered or stalled, replace the maf it's on it's way out.

When mine died it gave AF readings of 255 when doing 25 mph and they varied all over the place with each update of the scanmaster.

If you can get the car to run on a side safe street watch the AF MAF numbers on the scanmaster if they vary all over the place or are scaled up real high it most likely is your problem.

Look into a LS1 and Translator instead of a reman stock MAF if you change it it out.

I had same symptoms when mine went out.