You can type here any text you want

Another new owner question???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
Right now I'm using an ATR 2.5" DP with a mildly ported stock elbow and mustering HIGH 119 mph runs through the OE exhaust system. I'm considering upgrading to an ATR 3" DP with intergral wastegate, and am wondering if this piece will make a BIG difference when compared to the 2.5" DP??? On the dyno I made an additional 11 HP and 40 lb/ft of torque when I disconnected the exhaust at the 4 bolt flange. I'm wondering if that 2.5" DP is really a restriction enough to warrant spending $300 on the 3" DP? What about the ATR cat back exhaust? I have a buddy that is a distributer for ATR and will sell to me for cost, so that's why I'm looking into using ATR parts. I can only imagine what kind of additional power the car would make with the 3" DP and the cat back system over what I'm using right now??? TIA

I used to pick up 3mph when opening the dump and bypassing the stock exhaust. I then upgraded the entire system to 3DP and 3 inch exhaust and didnt see any gains over running open exhaust with the stock DP but I was 4-5 mph slower than you at that point.

Those arent G-tech times are they? ;)

Nope, they're the real deal.... 100% gen-u-ine NHRA sanctioned track times. I backed them up with 3 passes all in the HIGH 119 mph range.

joe fwiw- when i took off the 2 3/4 pipe off the silver limited and upgraded to the atr terry houston style pipe, the car picked up a solid MPH in the 1/8th AND almost 2 full MPH in the 1/4

that was with the full exhaust and not running a dump- hooker cat back-

mike- joe bought my low mileage tta this july, and im pretty impressed with how the car has responded with the mods-

those MPH's are the real deal, joe thinks it has a 121 or 122 in it :rolleyes: but id have to see it to believe it!:D

Bwoohahahaha...Bryan, always the pessimist!! J/K! Joe, for having had a GN you would think they would respond a lot the same for equal mods. Oh well, I'm going to go over to this one guys house that lives here in Olathe with the Dequick intercooler and check it out and see if I think I should go with that on mine. Got any spare 109 blocks laying around??

Jake

Back