You can type here any text you want

Another PEVR question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MNcarbturbo

What's Fuel Injection?
Right now my PEVR is not connected. I tested it but it im not sure if its good or bad so it sits disconected. I read a little on the petesbuick site but im still a little confued. I have the power port with nothing attached. Is this running full ritch or full lean? It runs good and gets 20 MPG on the highway. Im just wondering if I should hook it up for the heck of it, by pass the PEVR completly and go to the vaccume hookup on the front of the intake, or leave it disconnected.

I understand everything pretty good on this with the exception of this and the knock retard system.

Dont have your answer as i am having same questions and also looked at the sight you were on it made me more confused. So if you figure it out let me know , in the process of installing a holley its in the carb dip right now. Thanks Mike. Did your car start without the knock retard system not hooked up

What the PEVR valve does is cut the vac signal when the car is under boost. The power valve then goes full rich to reduce the chance of detonation. If you've disconnected the port on the carb then you're running full rich all the time. If you've bypassed the PEVR when you go into decelleration you risk the chance of going lean and causing detonation.

As far as the turbo control center, when the knock sensor produces a signal showing knock the center retards timing up to 20 degrees so the engine doesn't self destruct.

pevr

just put aholley spreadbore 650 double pumper on my car after alittle work you dont need the pevr valve .It would be alot easier to do to a600 vacum secondary carb and run good with a stock motor

Back