another tcc question. please look

jeff*k

86 gn stock 87k. i have what i believe is a tcc problem. i can feel the tcc lock-up at around 30mph, which i understand is normal. the problem is when i am going up a hill at 30 mph in 3rd gear with the tcc locked up i can bearly acclerate up the hill. the tcc should disengage right?? for the last few weeks i have been riding the brake pedal when i go up hills so the tcc does not engage. i know this sounds stupid but it works well.
my 84 gn is doing the same thing. i changed the tcc on that car and it did not fix the problem. what gives??

Mine irritates me because it also does not unlock as I would like it to. I have to get on the gas past about 1/3 throttle or so before the TCC will unlock. Isn't there a parameter in the chip for unlocking the TCC at a given TPS voltage? If so, I know I'd like to get my chip redone in order to take care of this as well as the fueling.
I've got a three way switch in my switch panel for controlling the TCC. I decided to wire it so that the up position locks it, middle position unlocks it/keeps it unlocked, and down position lets the ECM control it. This is nice when I go to pass someone and I'm not getting on the throttle enough to unlock the TCC (face it, you don't need much throttle to get going with these cars!). All I have to do is flip the switch to the middle position and the TCC unlocks. I then accelerate around whomever.

Get rid of the pittbull chip, my opinion, they suck! Way too agressive on timing, lockup almost always, lame idle-------Call quad air, red will make what ever you want! I had him make one for me with a 55 mph lockup (light throttle instead of 45) works pissa! 440-235-3232 EST 10:00-3:00 m-f

mine locks up at 30 and takes at least 1/2 thottle to dissengage.
like i said i drive up hills with brakes applied. so there is no other way to deley tcc lock up??? i really dont want to operate it with a manual swith.

Originally posted by Tim Riecks 6

I've got a three way switch in my switch panel for controlling the TCC. I decided to wire it so that the up position locks it, middle position unlocks it/keeps it unlocked, and down position lets the ECM control it. This is nice when I go to pass someone and I'm not getting on the throttle enough to unlock the TCC (face it, you don't need much throttle to get going with these cars!). All I have to do is flip the switch to the middle position and the TCC unlocks. I then accelerate around whomever.

OK, this sounds like a really cool switch...gotta wiring diagram or other hint for us non-EEs?
Thanks,
Jeff