Antitheft help?? Thrasher

sick GN

I just bought a couple of chips off of TB and one of them has a 2400 stutter and antitheft now how do I do the antitheft?? Don't I have to go through a certain procedure every time I start my car?? It is a thrasher chip and I am also wondering what the 2400 rpm stutter means?? Thanks for your help!!

This is an anti-theft chip. The whole reason that it works is that the procedure is a secret. Let's keep it that way. Don't want to not help, but I do want it to remain secret.(My car was not stolen one time, only because I had a Thrasher anti-theft chip that the potential thieves did not know about) The way that you should get this info, is to contact the individual that you bought the chips from. Posting on a public bulletin board that anyone in the world with a computer can view, is not the right way to find out.

Brian

I was posting this on this board in hopes that someone can e-mail me the way to start my car not to tell everyone the secret. I too would like to keep my car but would also like to be able to drive it which right now I can't. So if anyone can help me out my address is bennymo2001@aol.com

I can't find the person because he hasn't answered my e-mails

Thanks a lot that site said everything about tuning the car for their chips and how to get everything out of them. Still waiting for the antitheft. Is it the same for all of the chips or something specific for each one??

Thanks
Jeremy

As has been said, you will have to get in touch with whomever you bought the chips from...Not trying to be a jerk about it, but it's like asking someone to tell you if they hid a key on their car somewhere, and where it's at...

Just don't take this the wrong way...

Does anyone know who Ed Norris is?? I can't find his TB name and he is who I bought the chips from. He is from Florida. If anyone can help me find him then let me know.

Thanks

Originally posted by sick GN
Also what about the stutter?? What does it do??

Thanks

The stutter works like this: At the line, with your foot on the brake when building boost you can rev up to 2400 RPM's then a rev limiter kicks in and the RPM's will stay at 2400 until you release the brake. In other words, you could hold your throttle to the floor, and it will not rev over 2400 until you launch.

Ed

Originally posted by RareT
The stutter works like this: At the line, with your foot on the brake when building boost you can rev up to 2400 RPM's then a rev limiter kicks in and the RPM's will stay at 2400 until you release the brake. In other words, you could hold your throttle to the floor, and it will not rev over 2400 until you launch.
ACtually, the stutter may be set to 2200, 2300, or 2400 depending on which model Thrasher you order.

Ed is correct that you could hold the throttle to the floor...but that is not recommended. Holding the thottle to the floor will continue to increse your pulsewidth modulation of the injectors. Accordingly, the motor will be getting much more fule than is necessary to maintain the 2,x00 stutter speed. As such, it is recommended that you only do deep enough into the throttle to attain the stutter action. Whereupon releasing the stutter the motor will react much more quickly as its air/fuel ratio is not way out of whack.

Incdiently, it is the indication that the VSS is reading something greater than zero that releases the stutter, not necessarily the brake.