Any "BB gun" people in here?

VADER

Little engine that could
Im looking to buy one for neighborhood pests, snakes, etc. Cant really use a real gun for them. I really want a .22 co2 repeater pistol but they are all single shot. Daisy used to make a 622x, & Crosman a 2210 but they are both no longer made. I cannot find a .22 repeater anywhere.
So thats leads me to .177 where there are plenty of choices for a co2 repeater, but going down to this size, I want something powerful. The inexpensive Daisy 15xt looks good, and the $$ eaa skif is supposed to be powerful, but Im not sure.
Anyone have any suggestions?

i would go with a pump bb gun, never have to buy co2, but using a real 22
with c b caps, a pelet gun is just as loud, but for snaks i realy love a 22 with
bird shot...

I was expecting the worst when I got the CO2 pistol I have now. As a kid for many years I had a pump "rifle" that shot both BB's and pellets and loved it.

Apples and oranges I know but really, the CO2 hasnt been bad and I get a lot of shots on one cartridge. The pistol wouldnt bring down game but would be a fine deterent. lol.

I suggest a pump rifle if I had to narrow it down. Have you thought about paintball gun? Killed a bird with one once - didnt mean to really.

I never looked into repeapeter guns. I have a Benjamin HB22 pistol. Yes it's a pump, and a single shot but under 30 yards it's deadly. I have not found much need for more than one shot. For a air gun it is loud. I think the CCI low power 22 amo is about as loud but for a .22 has limited range for the sake of sound. There not very loud at all.

In my opinion the Benjamin Sharidan brand is the best in air guns.

Happy Holidays

I have a benjamin .177 cal pellet rifle.Got it at wal-mart for $99.Pump it up a few times and it can kill any pest you want.

I wouldn't waste my time with a BB gun if you want to actually kill a pest animal,unless you like watching them suffer.Not my style,if i am going to kill something i am going to make it quick and as painless as possible.

I have a Crossman 1377 pellet gun. Although it's a .177 single shot pumper, it's pretty powerful and accurate! I also have the optional shoulder stock so you can shoot it like a rifle if you want. I got mine feom Pyramid Air last year for around 80 bucks.

definately go with a pellet gun

I had a crossman 1077 which is a co2 rifle 12 shots and you could get maybe 40 shots from a co2 cartridge. Its more of a toy than anything else, if you are looking for something serious those benjamin sheridan guns are where its at, or the chinese break barrel deals.. those things are brutal

look into a sheridan brand pellet gun they make a pump .22 that is very powerfull. the problem with the pistols is they arent very accurate.

I have a Crossman .177 pump pellet pistol that is very accurate after you get the sites dialed in. It works well fo mice in my back yard. I also have a Crossman CO2 .177 pellet pistol that is increadably inaccurate. I think if using CO2, the velocity of each shot will vary as opposed to the pump model in which the velocity of the shot is repeatable.

Get a Beeman or a similar spring piston design gun. These are usually more expensive, but greater in accuracy, and power, and require only one pump. They are usually more quiet when fired, unlike a Co2 or a pneumatic (1-10 pump) gun which has somewhat of a loud crack when fired.

I bought my Beeman R-7 rifle around 16 years ago for $350.

I also have a Daisy .177 pneumatic rifle, a Benjamin .177 pneumatic pistol, a Daisy .177 semi-auto Co2 pistol, and a Crosman 1377 .177 pneumatic pistol/rifle (mentioned above) which is fairly accurate and because of the price, (I paid $30? 25 yrs ago...) is probably the best bang for the buck. :cool:

Wow, I didnt really expect any responses to this one. The reason I want a repeater is for loose dogs that are around when my daughter is out, one shot well, hope you hit them. and snakes too. Maybe mace? Paintball gun sounds good.

Some guns that shoot pellets use a "magazine". 3-12 shots, dont recall but that is one solution. I dont know if the more powerful guns have that option or not.

If you have a rifled gun, rumor has it BB's can be bad. But then you lose accuracy. I never noticed it in my old gun - crosman 760. I sure liked that gun, metal with bolt action.

This is mine, and the only working gun I have:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1163872#post1163872 Its the 15XT 15 shots semi auto. Pretty accurate for a pistol. Cheap at Wallyworld. Info: http://www.daisy.com/shopping/customer/home.php?cat=259

As you can see there are lots of options and opinions! I still like the pb gun idea and even moreso after followup posts. Would have to be a dang lucky shot to kill stuff but as a deterrent should work great. Talk about rapid fire! Some are megafast.

IMHO, you shouldn"t shoot a dog with a lead pellet, the dog could get infected in the wound and die, Beeman makes pest type pellets that shoot pretty far but wont penetrate, .From my experience , and I have had all types of pellet guns, a daisy bb gun-spring cocked would be the weakest powered and real quiet, the co2 and pump guns are the loudest,and generally not very accurate, A break barrel spring piston gun is the quietest of the air guns , and have rifled barrels, and can group shots as close as 1/16"at 30 ft.,Its more like 1 1/2"for co2 and pump guns. I bought a Beeman R1 25 years ago for 359.00 , it has a select group barrel, the tightest shot groups,it shoots 1100 hundred ft. per secound, and my neighbor cant hear it when I am shooting ,but you can get this style gun in alower grade for around 130.00, just my 2-cents....Jeff

Great link ,I never saw that even though I searched for days. As far as my original choices, they were the daisy 15xt, & the 622x. I will probably get the 15xt for now, & lookout for a 622 if one shows up used. I believe they are discontinued. The skif sounds bad now after reading, I was worried already since they have stopped production.
BTW, if I dog comes after my daughter, do you think I care if it gets infected & dies?

Anyone know where I can get the Daisy 622x?

Also, why is it all of the co2 guns I have had always leaked over time. I think its because I used to leave the co2 in there & leave it like that for some time, or I used to over oil the gasket. Not sure, but they were all crosmans. I used to love my crosman .22 rifle though, lots of power, neighbor took it, didnt care at the time.

If a dog is after your child, dont grab a pellet gun ,get a real gun, your first thread said for pest and snakes, it is totally different when a child is involved.