You can type here any text you want

Any Good paying Jobs in FL

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BandAid

Keyboard Bully
Looking for at least $25hr ,which is a big cut in pay,,but I am tired of this freaking cold weather....
I am in the HVAC field here in Chicago,
Thinking of Pembrook pines area ,which is just North of Miami and a bit west (not to sure) but would like something within 20miles of Miami.
Not Looking for a job persay---but looking for ideas of what others are doing..

Was thinking of Opening a Pizza place there,Cause Floridians could not make a pizza to save anyone's life......

I agree with you about the pizza thing somewhat. If you choose another area of Florida you would do pretty well in the cost of living department. In my area I know you'd be in demand because of all the post-Ivan re-construction.

James

Dont expect any unions down here.....open shop.

I worked union before I moved from IL... I took a good pay cut 3yrs ago to move here and now finally up to where I was. It is worth every penny.:) Oh, I also could retire if I sold my new house and moved back:p

Just be ready to pay about $300k for a house, and that is the minimum. I have a 1700 sf 3/2 house (1959) with a pool, in decent shape, and I wouldn't sell it for less than $350k.

Like was said, not a lot of union. Just be ready to drive if you live in pembroke pines. Its a spralling suburb and takes about 35-40 minutes minimum to get downtown.

The plan was to buy a house for about $280-320K.
I dont think the drive will matter much,since I have been driving in the Chicago traffic ,,anything is easy,

Florida roads are like 6 lanes wide,,our expressway is only 3 lanes wide..
I did find some nice NEW homes in Miramar ,anyone know how that area is ...
Thanks for all the input....:)

That should get you a decent house. Miramar is a fairly nice suburb, and most of the houses in the area are fairly new. You'd be pretty close to the Tower Shoppes, which is where a 500+ car show happens every friday. Just be careful of the rules where you buy your house. A lot of these neighborhoods don't like you working on your car in the driveway.

A buddy of mine is in the HVAC business. He went to school for 4 years, but didn't end up finishing, and landed a job with the school system for $23/hr, so if you have your journeymans and exp. you should be right at the $25/hr maybe better. Jobs are easy to get down here with the proper experience.

Back