Any good TR shops in Northern VA

brian b

I have just recently moved from FL to VA and was wondering if there was any good TR mechanics in the northern VA area. If none in the area who would be closest. OTTO, Cotton's. Is Andersen's still open?

Another option in your area!

Brian,

There's also B&T Motorsports in your Lorton. They've turned out a few GNs. Talk to Bill Harris (owner).

Here's their number and link:
B&T Motorsports Online
(703) 339-8663

-Bobby

Thanks for that link. I have almost given up hope of ever getting my GN on the road. Fatherhood/home ownership takes up all my time... barely have time for cars. Lorton is close to me. I might have to check this B&T place out!

What do you need done ?

Car failed visual inspection when I bought the car years ago. As soon as the guy looked under the hood he slapped a fail sticker on the window. I fixed some of the things he cited... replaced the breather in the valve cover with a stock oil filler tube, reinstalled the pipe that goes from the turbo to the front of the valve cover... I can't remember what else he said. It has a gutted cat, so I should probably fix that before emissions testing. At this point I also need to drain the tank of old gas.
The rear window leaks so I need that reseated. Need to replace the T-top seal.

That's all I can think of at the moment but there's probably more that I should do. I think it leaks a little coolant from somewhere that I haven't identified yet.
Where in Woodbridge are you? I'm right up 123 in Burke right near the 123/7100 intersection.

Here's the car as of last Spring:
4572856073_319a0317af_b.jpg

Should I stick that door bumper strip back on or just peel them all off?

4572856397_9e5b9d2a19_b.jpg

4573488184_a97b6e8316_b.jpg

I live in Dale City. There is a shop in Triangle,Va that work on TR's and perform state insp and emission. The other work needs a bodyshop.
Triangle is below Woodbridge. This would be ideal get work and insp/emission in one location.

Triangle Service Ctr
703 221-4505
18314 Jefferson Davis Hwy
Located at the split

I have just recently moved from FL to VA and was wondering if there was any good TR mechanics in the northern VA area. If none in the area who would be closest. OTTO, Cotton's. Is Andersen's still open?

I see bobby from RPE built your mottor, if I were you I'll give bobby a call he'll sent you at the right derection...

Are there any emission exemptions for our cars in VA.

Emissions Inspections
Requirements

Your vehicle must meet Virginia's emissions inspection requirements if it is garaged in one of the localities listed below:

the counties of Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, or Stafford
the cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church, Manassas or Manassas Park

Inspections are valid for two years and may be obtained by having your vehicle inspected by a certified emissions inspection station. When you have your vehicle inspected, your DMV vehicle record will be immediately updated by the emissions station.

No vehicle subject to an emissions inspection will be registered or reregistered by DMV until it has passed an emissions inspection or has been issued an emissions inspection waiver directly from DEQ for special circumstances.

To find out fees and other information about the emission inspection program, please contact the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality at (703) 583-3900 or toll free in Virginia at 1-800-275-3844.

Exemptions
If your vehicle is being registered for the first time in Virginia and has a current valid emissions certificate (performed in the last 12 months) from one of the following states, it may be titled and registered without a Virginia emissions inspection:
Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Georgia
Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Jersey, New York
North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah
Washington, Wisconsin
Motor vehicles exempted from emissions inspections include:

Motorcycles
Gasoline powered passenger or property carrying vehicles with a model year that is more than 25 years old before January 1 of the current calendar year.

As an example, vehicles with a model year of 1984 are exempt from emissions on or after January 1, 2009; vehicles with a model year of 1985 will be exempt from emissions on or after January 1, 2010.

Vehicles 25 years old or older qualify as antique motor vehicles but are not required to display antique license plates to qualify for the emissions exemption. Although exempt from the emissions inspection, the $2 emissions fee is required when renewing these registrations.
Gasoline powered passenger or property carrying vehicles with a manufacturer's designated gross vehicle weight rating of more than 10,000 pounds.
Diesel powered vehicles

NOTE: Diesel powered vehicles are not exempt from the emissions testing program requirements when they have:
A model year newer than 1996, and
A Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) less than 8,501 lbs., (if GVWR is not available, empty and gross weights will be used) and
A registration that expires in July 2007 or later.
Vehicles exclusively powered by clean fuel, including compressed or liquified natural gas, electricity, or solar energy
Vehicles being titled for the first time in Virginia with a Manufacturer's Certification of Origin (MCO).
Qualified hybrid motor vehicles - Toyota Prius and Honda Insight model year 2007 or earlier, and the 2010 Toyota Prius. All Toyota Prius and Honda Insight models are subject to the $2 per year emissions fee when renewing the vehicle registration as required by the DEQ, Virginia Code § 46.2-1182.1.
Emissions Inspections and Vehicle Registrations
To avoid delays in obtaining your vehicle registration from DMV, have your emissions inspection completed before you apply to DMV for registration.

DMV is limited to issuing a one-time only 30-day temporary registration if the vehicle owner is unable to produce proof of successfully passing an emission inspection. The customer will be charged a prorated registration fee for the one-month registration. There is no grace period allowed to obtain the safety inspection when Virginia tags are displayed.

Go to dmvnow.com to check on other Va
for emission requirement this is NOVA area