Any IBEW Lineman here?

6 beats 8

LIVE BETTER...WORK UNION!
Is there any Union Lineman on this site? I am a Journeyman Lineman in Local Union 126 (Philadelphia).
Ray

After a 25 foot slide down the pole I tend to keeps my feet on the ground these days. What kind of cash you makin as a lineman back there? Hourly?

They must've got some raises since I was in that union. At that time JLs were making $5.45 an hour. :p

That's within a few cents of what we make here. Are problem is the cost of housing. For a house the was like a shack, a tear down went for 439000.00. That is within ten miles of work, not one person in our yard lives within that ten miles. I live 22 miles from work it takes me 50 minutes to drive in and about 1&1/2 hours to get home. Thats what happens when you have 11 million A-holes living in LA. I'm looking to bale out.:eek:

Come on out east. We have alot of work out here. Philadelphia is a VERY pro Union city. Not much work left for the Scabs:D

What fun is it climbing in and out of a bucket? :D

I do not climb or work out of a bucket, But I can make a 26kv lead joint! ;) . I'd rather keep climbing up and down my ladder. Remember it's always warmer in the manholes in the winter than being up in the air. Then again I really don't consider a B local as being part of the IBEW. Go LU94 take some more cash outta my pocket to make political contributions to the Democratic party so they can give it away. I don't know which I hate more the amount I'm taxed or my union dues. Then agin we do not make big money. We top out at $32, but then again the ability to make $40K+ in o/t is there year after year after year.

Pete

Pro Union as long as they keep paying me.

Originally posted by trading t/a
What fun is it climbing in and out of a bucket? :D

I do not climb or work out of a bucket, But I can make a 26kv lead joint! ;) . I'd rather keep climbing up and down my ladder. Remember it's always warmer in the manholes in the winter than being up in the air.

Pete

Pro Union as long as they keep paying me.

You "MOLE-PEOPLE" Scare me :p

I say the same thing about those weirdo cale/sattelite guys walking around on peoples roofs. You never know with those people. First he could be setting up your dish next doing a backwards 2 1/2 off your roof into your pool. Then pee in it. :p

Strange characters they are

$38/ hour!!!!!!!!!!!!! You people must have the hightest cost of living. I know they don't pay lineman that good down here. They probably make $18/hour. :)

Well I've been looking for a modest house for a little while and where my wife an I want to live the going rate is $430K. Nothing special 3 bdrm 1.5 ba 2 car garage on maybe a 75'x150' lot and that may even be pushing it. Costs too much to live here and my TTA reaches into my wallet and steals it all from me. You know how hard it is to convince the wife that your car is the one spending all the cash. It's tough work! :D

That kind of house down here cost around $100k-$150k. For $430k I can get about 4000 sq. ft. On a huge lot, maybe not an acre but at least half an acre.

That kind of house down here cost around $100k-$150k. For $430k I can get about 4000 sq. ft. On a huge lot, maybe not an acre but at least half an acre. Where the hell is down here?:)

Yup...In this Area,You may see about 2000 Sq. Ft for around 400k...:( I have been out house hunting Myself,And the prices around here are insane..