Any ideas what to check first?

gn84guy

Took the car out the other day and its shifting really weird. Not driving hard the car will rev up and then its like it shifts too early and bogs the engine into low rpms. It also has been shifting real hard into O/D too. Any ideas what would cause this to happen?

Forgive my dumbness, but I am not a tranny guy and the car I just bought shifts pretty hard too. It even spins tires when going into second gear when I accelerate hard. The guy in advance auto told me to use "Lucas" but still have the same results. What is the TCC solenoid and where is located? Any info is greatly appreciated.

German

What is the TCC solenoid and where is located? Any info is greatly appreciated.

German

A "TCC" solenoid is a solenoid that locks the torque converter. It is located in the transmission. If you drop the pan on the trans it is on the front right side. Has two bolts that hold it in. It plugs into the pump. Just remove the 2 bolts and it pulls out.

Thanks for the info. I also found out the my tranny has a shift kit and that's why it shift the way it does. They told me that will require a better set of tires to avoid the tire spinning when shifting gears. I don't know how true it is, but I'll look in to it.