Any love for Turbo Rivieras out there?

acoen

I'm thinking of picking up this 1985 Turbo Riv nice condition needs little to make nearly perfect. 1985 with 78k miles, factory paint in great condition, interior in good condtion. Runs perfect, tuned and serviced by a GM mechanic. I would like to bring this car back to life and find it a good home. In about a month's time the car will look like new.....Any thoughts on value or interest. Options, powers seats, gray leather, factory sun roof, concert sound, power window, locks, roof, trunk, memory seats, twilight sentinal, carpeted trunk. I think it is a neat car.....Everyone's thoughts appreciated.

Needs, fillers, wheel medallion, and hood medallion, detailing, detailing, detailing and maybe tires. Everything else is very good to excellent. Runs perfectly.

Attachments

• Picture 044.jpg
    Picture 044.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 271
I can pick it up very reasonably, detail it do what is needed and get it back to someone who will really enjoy it reasonably. They only made about 1000 of these, so they are quite rare. I know rare doesn't equate to valuable but I hate to see something this neat go away.

Helk Yeah!
A couple of us have turbo Rivs; I'm fixing the tranny on mine (still). Doesn't seem to have recent "Mopar-like" interest /value (yet). but you don't see them, EVER, even at Buick get togethers. Mine is white w/ red leather interior & is destined for my son for college. Parts are HARD to come by, but I think the bombsight for the hood is avail on Ebay don't know about the fillers, Turbofish38 is a Riv owner as well, do a search for his posts. There was an article in Hemming's a few months ago featuring a hotair Riv that the guy intercooled & GN'd out, I thought it was pretty cool...
The cool thing about 'em is that they come loaded and you never have to worry about confusing yours with someone elses at a get together.
Let me know if you get it!

D :smile:

Colt where is it located? I was looking to getting a new/used ride at some point & give my current car to son #2 when he gets his liscense. I could tool around in this in nice weather to cruise nights & work..& could use pickup truck in crappy conditions.

I don't think I will be keeping my T once I get the brakes fixed & we thaw out (by May).

Helk Yeah!
A couple of us have turbo Rivs; I'm fixing the tranny on mine (still). Doesn't seem to have recent "Mopar-like" interest /value (yet). but you don't see them, EVER, even at Buick get togethers. Mine is white w/ red leather interior & is destined for my son for college. Parts are HARD to come by, but I think the bombsight for the hood is avail on Ebay don't know about the fillers, Turbofish38 is a Riv owner as well, do a search for his posts. There was an article in Hemming's a few months ago featuring a hotair Riv that the guy intercooled & GN'd out, I thought it was pretty cool...
The cool thing about 'em is that they come loaded and you never have to worry about confusing yours with someone elses at a get together.
Let me know if you get it!

D :smile:

Are the bombsights the same for 82-86 Same for the fillers?

tranny is basicaly the same 200 as the TRs except for a chain drive to get the stuff spinning transverse. You can even get a T-brake and shift kit, etc for it. Same/same.

Add alky and a bigger turbo and you've got a real fun car that will also get great gas milage.

I also had a white with red int.
LOV'D that car untill family member smashed it. :(

Yep, I believe they are. There is an "Anniversary" edition bombsight but that isn'the right on; mine is black center medallion with gold tone "R" & chrome surround, which I think is just a standard piece. The filler panels will fit from '79(?) to '85; '85 was the final year of that body style.
HTH
D :)

Nah you should pass.

BTW....could you send me the phone number of the guy selling. I would like to talk with him.

Anyone have one in the Ca bay area? I came across some parts I would like to see used instead of dumped. Intake manifold loaded with turbo, inj, ect. Full wiring harness and ecm. MAF, ect.........

Anyone have one in the Ca bay area? I came across some parts I would like to see used instead of dumped. Intake manifold loaded with turbo, inj, ect. Full wiring harness and ecm. MAF, ect.........

If I pick up this Riv I may need some stuff, bumper fillers emblems...stuff like that. Pm me on what you have and what you would like for them....I'm in Fresno.

Thank you,

Aaron

Are the bombsights the same for 82-86 Same for the fillers?

Bombsite is the same on 79-85 Riviera. Fillers are also the same years. Check out the link in this thread for the fillers. Same quality as the Regal ones. Brian can also get them for you. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/237399-bumper-fillers.html

BTW IMO this is the most optioned out T-Type Riv that I have ever seen. According to Colt it has all of the expensive toys. Astroroof,Dual Power Leather Seats with Memory,Climate Control,Delco Bose. And black to boot! I've owned a few T-Types with astroroofs but none with the leather and shorty console. Yes the interior is very important on this car. Not only is it quick but the ride is like flying on a pillow. Even with the standard FE7 sport suspension.:smile:

I just bought this Rviera!!

I am glad to see some possitive thoughts on it because I can hardly find any info on that type of T-Type. Can anyone help me with some performence parts...bigger turbo, intercooler ect and the proper way of hooking this car up? Oh and yes this ride runs and drives smooth!!!

I am glad to see some possitive thoughts on it because I can hardly find any info on that type of T-Type. Can anyone help me with some performence parts...bigger turbo, intercooler ect and the proper way of hooking this car up? Oh and yes this ride runs and drives smooth!!!

Great news! Pm any of the guys above, these guy are the best around. Very nice car for the money congrats on a great buy....

John,

No no more Buicks for this moment in time....Give me a few months and I will pick up another....Looking for a Turbo Riv now....Want me to find you one?:)

Give me a call John....Would love talk cars, especially yours!