You can type here any text you want

Any other bars fit with the SSM reloc. brackets

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

brian

Well, I have the dreaded Southside Machine bars on both of my cars. As well as the relocation brackets. That are welded in!!! >argh<

My question is... Are there any OTHER lower bars that fit the narrower relocation bracket besides the SSM bars? I hate to cut these thing off, as someone did a serious weld in job.

Thanks in advance,
Brian

I used to have some "SSM" bars with relocation brackets but removed them because the ride was much too harsh and noisy (squeaking all the time). I then installed some (now defunct) BGC bars that had urethane bushings and that also used the same relocation brackets which improved the ride a lot. Over time, the bushings wore out and I eventually removed the brackets and got some H&R bars with urethane bushings along with adjustable upper bars, also from H&R.
The relocation bracket type of bars might still work, but they became old school since you can now get all four adjustable bars! The relocation brackets changed the suspension's "instant center" and pinion angle which can now be done by adjusting the bars
If I were you, I'd take this opportunity to update the suspensioin setup, take my time and remove the brackets using a hand held grinder to break the welds and after that, grind the stock brackets smooth and paint black for a "like new again" look...

Claude.:)

Back