You can type here any text you want

Any problems with 24" tall Fronts?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Luke

I've been looking around for a set of front tires. I would like to try using the Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R Radial 24X5.00R15LT because it would save me about 10lbs. over the 26X6.00R15LT (every little bit helps). Since this will will slightly lower the front, will this affect my wieght transfer during a launch? Could it affect my 60ft. time? I'm aware that this small difference may be negligible but like I said before, every little bit helps. I'm going to be using 26" tall Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials on the rear.

In short: Will I be better in the 1/4 with 10lbs. less up front with a slightly lower front end or better in the 1/4 with the extra 10lbs. up front without a lower front end. Does it even matter? (Keep in mind the 24" tires will also have 1.2" less tread width per tire) All opinions welcome.

Just trying to get the biggest bang for the buck even if the bang is only 0.00001dB louder.

Luke​

Back