Any reason for installing a nitrous kit? Plus some questions on what I have already.

F8L WS6

I've been out of the game for a while and my TTA has been on the back burner so I haven 't been following much. When I bought my TTA over 10 years ago I didn't realize that it had one time had a nitrous kit on it. My up pipe from the intercooler has a small bracket to mount solenoids on it plus a hole with a screw in it where the nozzle used to go. Did this use to be part of some old kit? It had an old ATR 7th injector and from what I can tell this was early 90's technology at work so this could be pretty old. At any rate I was removing a bass tube and wiring that the previous owner installed and came across the switch, wiring, and line all still installed but stuffed up under the carpet.

Basically what i'm curious about is if there is any reason to reinstall the kit? I know i'll have to buy a bit more things but at least the line is already run to the trunk and the wiring is done. I was going to rip all of it out since I've got most the interior apart but I got to thinking maybe it could still be useful? I'm planning to race this thing and the spool on the PT61 isn't the best so maybe a 35 - 50 shot could help it out. Though it seems i'd get more out of an Alky kit.

Thanks for any input!

Are you sure what you found is not from a alky kit? I know of some guys that have put a 50 shot on the car to help the spool but I don't think it is necessary on TR. my .02

Are you sure what you found is not from a alky kit? I know of some guys that have put a 50 shot on the car to help the spool but I don't think it is necessary on TR. my .02

I think its really from a nitrous kit. I took a few photos last night but forgot to get a pic of the up pipe. Here's a few I got of the line.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1407870608934.jpg
    1407870608934.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 182
  • 1407870622681.jpg
    1407870622681.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 180
And here's that up pipe photo.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1407883942221.jpg
    1407883942221.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 172
Yep I think your right, there wouldn't be any lines ran to the rear for alky. I'm sure someone will chime in on the NOS but I'm not a proponent of nitrous on a TR.

Thanks for the replies guys. I couldn't find any good reason to keep it so I tore out what stuff was left. Confirmed that it was a nitrous kit since I found some very small holes in the rear carpet where the brackets must have been bolted in.

It sounds like it was. If you have the right set up on a TR you won't need the NOS. my .02 of course.

Sell the 61 and go billet. That will help with spool. looks like you already have a PTC converter, so thats good.

Yeah the 61 was nice 8 years ago! Picked up 25 mph between the 1/8th and 1/4 on a blown trans. Im going to get some tires on it next week and hit the track to see what happens. The PTC is excellent and these newer turbos look great.

Yeah the 61 was nice 8 years ago! Picked up 25 mph between the 1/8th and 1/4 on a blown trans. Im going to get some tires on it next week and hit the track to see what happens. The PTC is excellent and these newer turbos look great.
Ya, I ran a 61 in 05'. Its old school alright. Now I have a billet turbo that most of us would say no way it would work back then. Turbo tech has come a long way.

Your car actually got me back into my TTA. I havent really touched it in a long time! Ive got alot of catching up to do.

Ahhhh!!! I finally inspired a fellow TTA owner! That was my goal!
These cars are a blast and I have had a lot of other cars, but nothing compares to the TTA.

Turbo's, cams, chips, converters, mufflers, scan tools, ect have all come a long way. Need any help, lemme know.

Goal accomplished! I actually bought the car to go racing with. Then decided maybe I shouldn't mess with it that much. Well lately I decided since i'm never going to sell it I might as well do what I want. Then I saw pictures of yours on those wheels and tires and it reminded me all over again why I even bought this car. It was stock turbo on 009's and an ATR street chip from 1992 when I first got it and it was the most fun car i'd ever driven before I changed anything.

So be sure i'll be driving you nuts after I get a little research done! Haha thanks again

Cool story!!!
Ask away. I dont hold any secrets although I have forgotten a few things over the years..lol