You can type here any text you want

Any reviews on the Toyo Proxes TQ drag radial?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rayk

Let the Boost begin!
I've just ordered a pair of these for my WE4 with stock 16 x 8 GTA wheels. I ordered the wider 275/45 x 16 size and am pretty sure they will fit without rubbing but would like some feedback if anyone has experience with them.

I can add 7/32 spacers if necessary. I have the aluminum rear drums, by the way. :smile:

I've just ordered a pair of these for my WE4 with stock 16 x 8 GTA wheels. I ordered the wider 275/45 x 16 size and am pretty sure they will fit without rubbing but would like some feedback if anyone has experience with them.

I can add 7/32 spacers if necessary. I have the aluminum rear drums, by the way. :smile:
How did they fit?

How did they fit?

They fit fine and I didn't have to use my spacers. Very close in back but no rub under hard turning. They hook great on the street but, not as good at the track as the MT drag radials I had before. Since I wanted them for the street and only race my WE4 occasionally these days, I'm very happy with the Toyos. They look more like street tires than any of the other drag radials and that is what I wanted. They are also very good in the rain.

They fit fine and I didn't have to use my spacers. Very close in back but no rub under hard turning. They hook great on the street but, not as good at the track as the MT drag radials I had before. Since I wanted them for the street and only race my WE4 occasionally these days, I'm very happy with the Toyos. They look more like street tires than any of the other drag radials and that is what I wanted. They are also very good in the rain.

Good to hear because I just bought a set of 275/45 R16 TQs for my red car in the signature. The car has the heavy duty "cargo springs" in the rear which should also help with the tires not rubbing the fender lip. I haven't had a chance to get them mounted yet. Thanks for the info.

They are a great street tire and a decent track tire. Last a while too if your not lighting them up all the time.

how do the 245's compare to the 275's for fit and appearance? (16" GTA front wheels)

Bob

p1010093-1.jpg

p1010092-1.jpg
p1010094-1.jpg

Where did ya'll order the 275s from? Tire rack has em for about 157.00 plus shipping

Back