Any risk of rear coils falling out?

834dr

Yes it's a 4 dr regal and no it's not a turbo. It's a daily driver I scored from an old lady with only 60000 miles on it.
My fun car is a 31 model a. :eek:
But I need your help. I'm going to replace the old springs with ST lowering coils. What concerns me is the shorter coils falling out.

Is it possible for them to fall out if the axle articulates enough or flying over a bump?:eek:

Will the weight of the car keep them in place or do I need to strap them somehow?

Any help with this would be appreciated.
Feel free to flame for not having a turbo gn.:D

How much of a drop are you doing? If you are dropping just an inch or just under, there will be no problem.You would have to go over a huge bump and get some serious air for the rear suspension to fully extend and a spring to fall out. good luck. post some pics of the model a. My buddy is doing a 29 right now .cool cars

Dropping it about an 1 and half to two inches.
I'm hoping to finish the model a by next summer.

i, too, want to see some pics of the A. when i was a kid, my dad had a 31 Model A 5 window with a Buick nailhead, sidepipes, and no fenders over the big-n-little reversed steelies.
i want to build one just like it, but probably with the LT1 i have laying out in the shed in place of the nailhead, and 4 wheel disc brakes in place of the crappy old drums.

Almost 20 years with mine and the only problem I had like that was when I had the car on a lift. With the axle hanging for an extended period, sometimes I had to make sure the springs were aligned before I lowered the lift. When driving, the shocks will keep the axle from over extending for the short time you would be in the air with no weight on the springs. :cool: