You can type here any text you want

Any shops in chicago area that do NHRA legal installs?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V6UnderPressure

The Artist FKA Scott4DMny
What I mean is, my car will not be tracked all the time. But I would like to be able to drive into my local route 66 and drag without any hassle. I wondered if there are any shops that will custom install my battery in the trunk with cutoff switch etc, and anything else I need to be nhra legal. Anyone?

If you are going to dip into the 10s at all at route 66, then youll need a roll cage, all the SFI gear including 5 point harness, helmet, jacket, gloves, pants, shoes, drive shaft loop, battery cut off switch, rear bulkhead, racing wheel studs, park neutral safety switch, ect... and prolly more...

Route 66 is BY THE BOOK, so plan on having everything that applies to your ET / MPH as far as NHRA is concerned, or plan on getting kicked out, or not passing tech to begin with.

It might not be a bad idea to talk to the tech at 66 to see what is required for your car ET/mph...

Cliff

PS: Not that safety isnt important, but you can get away with running in the 10s in a GN at US41 / Bryon / GLD without most of the stuff 66 is going to look for...

Spend $10.00 and see what you are getting into, before you find the problems already mentioned....

I know a guy in Addison if ur interested..

I can give U the shop #, and he is always up to date on the rules which I think change pretty often.

The car will not dip into the 10's. I will mostly be in the 11's or low 12's. I will not be competition racing. I just want to be able to go to tuning nights to race and see what I can do. I run 95% on the street.

Back