Any thoughts?

Tom L

As some of you may know, 3 yrs ago my 87' G/N was stripped for body work and paint. Of course I ran into some problems with my friend who was doing the work, he couldn't finish it, but I did find someone who could and just saw the car this past saturday. It is primed from the door jams all the way back, so he still has work to do.
Here's my problem. About 2 1/2 years ago I started the car and it ran fine, but a few months later when the doors were off and the associated wiring disconnected it wouldn't start. I have a hidden kill switch wired to the computer but it didn't matter, it still wouldn't start. Someone told me it has to do with the stock GM security system on the car and when the connections in the door jams are tampered with [Disconnected] it will not permit the car to be started. Can anyone comment on this?
Also, is there anything I should be concerned about when I do go to start it after sitting 3 yrs? It has mobil 1 oil in it and has been sitting in a heated garage. Other than removing the doors and trunk, no wiring was tampered with.
Thank You for you help. I presume after installing the doors and connecting wiring it should start.