anybody ever use a standard brand MAF

bumpinregal

Just checking to see if anybody has ever used a Standard Brand MAF sensor. I can get one locally for $85 or should I order a reman oem sensor?
Thanks in advance.
Scottie

Hi,
You can get the Cardone reman for less, will last ya a couple of years. The new part is probably Chinese,And I can't vouch for that...

Just checking to see if anybody has ever used a Standard Brand MAF sensor. I can get one locally for $85 or should I order a reman oem sensor?
Thanks in advance.
Scottie

I've used a lot of reman maf sensors but not the standard brand but the ones i did use never lasted for very long.

I would suggest getting an oem reman sensor from Kirban Performance with the correct calibrations for the 86-87 turbo regals.

1986 1987 Buick Regal Grand National Turbo T T-Type GNX REBUILT ORIGINAL AC DELCO MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR #7045

John :smile:

190 DOLLARS????? SCREEEEWWW THAT ****... Hey, get a chevy maf and translator instead. Gives ya room to grow as well..

190 DOLLARS????? SCREEEEWWW THAT ****... Hey, get a chevy maf and translator instead. Gives ya room to grow as well..

How much do you think it will cost if he buys the standard brand maf and the car quits running on him and has to get it towed/hauled back to his house then has to buy another maf sensor to get it running again?

The reason i suggested the Kirban Performance reman maf is because it is listed as being calibrated most closely to the 86-87 turbo regal specs.

I didn't mention the maf translator and LT1 or LS1 maf sensors because he asked about stock oem turbo regal type reman maf sensors or standard brand.

I agree about going with the maf translator and LT1 or LS1 maf sensor but that will cost around $350.00 to $400.00 unless he can find a used setup for sale and i also don't think he wants to get away from the stock original setup but i could be wrong. :D

I agree about going with the maf translator and LT1 or LS1 maf sensor but that will cost around $350.00 to $400.00 unless he can find a used setup for sale and i also don't think he wants to get away from the stock original setup but i could be wrong. :D

If he bought a brand new standard Translator and LS1(3.5") maf the total is $320, not $400.

And that's generally a one time buy(because of their rugedness and longevity), no going back to the seller 5-6 times until you get a marginal stock style that works right.

Im not to worried about keeping it stock. I know abou the translators and just cant swing the extra cash today. So either I buy a cheap one that will last me 6 months so at least I can drive it or it sits till I scrape the cash up. Long story short My wife and I started a large daycare center and put our life savings into it. In return no money for toys for a while.:frown:

If he bought a brand new standard Translator and LS1(3.5") maf the total is $320, not $400.

And that's generally a one time buy(because of their rugedness and longevity), no going back to the seller 5-6 times until you get a marginal stock style that works right.

That was just a guess, and my guess was $350.00 to $400.00 :D depending on which translator he buys.

You are right about a standard translator and LS1 maf being $320.00 but i don't think they give free shipping,but i could be wrong.;)

But like i mentioned earlier in this thread, he was asking about reman oem mafs and the Standard brand maf.:wink:

That's true, he was asking about the stockers... I was just expressing disbelief about kirbans pricing... (well, actually.. i'm not suprised lol)
If you're in the hole with cash right now, and can't find used translator stuff, then I think I'd swing for the typical reman stuff at the local stores. They're the cheapest route, and if they don't work, just return 'em. :)
Try to see what you can get, as far as a used translator though. Oh yea, put your location up there as well.
Don't get discouraged. You'll get this car done, trust me. I know it seems like a super un-supported platform, but don't worry. We more than make up for that, with this board. There's deals, and tuning support here, that you will NEVER find with other types of cars...
Just stick with it, and I guarantee you, you'll never feel so proud, as you will when driving down a local main street in the summer, with a freshly waxed grand national. You'll see.

Im not to worried about keeping it stock. I know abou the translators and just cant swing the extra cash today. So either I buy a cheap one that will last me 6 months so at least I can drive it or it sits till I scrape the cash up. Long story short My wife and I started a large daycare center and put our life savings into it. In return no money for toys for a while.:frown:

You can get a Cardone reman maf sensor from O'Reilly Auto Parts for $49.99 with a 1 year warranty or the same at AutoZone for $55.00 if you don't have an O'Reilly store where you live.

You can get a Cardone reman maf sensor from O'Reilly Auto Parts for $49.99 with a 1 year warranty or the same at AutoZone for $55.00 if you don't have an O'Reilly store where you live.

Hey thanks man i quick cheap fix so at least I can cruise this summer out. Exactly what I needed!!!:biggrin: