You can type here any text you want

Anybody go to Brainerd Optimist Drags in Ringgold, GA?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNRick

Retired member
I'll be driving down from Illinois around 8/10/07 and would like to get in some racing before visiting my brother in Marietta. Anybody been to Brainerd and if so what do you think of it? Would you like to hook up there on 8/10?

race track

i'm from alabama (sylvania), not to far from the race track, but i will have to work that weekend. It hooks fairly well, best place is Section dragway know as sandmountain dragway. but all these places is 1/8 mile strips. Steele dragway is 1/4 mile they test and tune on fridays too.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Where are these places and would they be on my way to Marietta? Thanks!

You need to visit StreetCarForums.com and go to the ATL section. That's where all of the drag racers in the ATL, North GA, and South GA area are. They go to all of the tracks, all of the time and would be able to help ya in finding a good one for that weekend.

i go up there.it is a decent track.it cost 20 to run or just 5 to spectate.they run from 6-11.i was there this past friday night.

i go up there.it is a decent track.it cost 20 to run or just 5 to spectate.they run from 6-11.i was there this past friday night.

Now we're getting somewhere! :smile: If you think you might be there Friday 8/10 let me know. You can also call me at 217-352-3755. Did you see any other GN's there? I'll make it a two day trip so I'm not worn out when I get there. It's about an 8 hour drive and I'll have my doggy. Will be staying in a hotel there Friday night, then on to Marietta Sat. morning. Unless I stay Sat. for the big race with $5000 purse! :eek: Thanks!

You need to visit StreetCarForums.com and go to the ATL section. That's where all of the drag racers in the ATL, North GA, and South GA area are. They go to all of the tracks, all of the time and would be able to help ya in finding a good one for that weekend.

Thanks for the tip, Nick. I just posted there to see if there are any Buick owners wanting to meet me. That website is kind of hard to read, with the black background.

i can probably be up there on 8/10.i have not seen any other tb up there.my buddy steve aka chikn305 on here.has a 3.8 in his formula goes up there alot. his rearend is broke at the moment so i am not sure if he will be running by then.if i make it i will have my camaro.are you going to be running anything?

i can probably be up there on 8/10.i have not seen any other tb up there.my buddy steve aka chikn305 on here.has a 3.8 in his formula goes up there alot. his rearend is broke at the moment so i am not sure if he will be running by then.if i make it i will have my camaro.are you going to be running anything?

I plan on taking my 87 dark red Turbo Regal. Tranny has 180k miles on it so I am hoping I can get it checked by a transmission shop near Chicago (Jimmy's) before I go. Motor was rebuilt and should do fine. Stock turbo, injectors, downpipe. No alchy. Stretch intercooler. Might bring a set of drag radials. All depends on what the transmission shop says-if I can even get it in there on short notice.

Yes I will be there. I got my transmission checked and it got a clean bill of health. Even with 176,000 miles on it! I have a set of MT ET streets on order, should have them before I leave town here. I also ordered a Denso O2 sensor from Autozone. Do you know if the track sells race gas, and if they do, is it leaded or unleaded? I left them a message but I don't know if they will call back. Also, is there a place where I can change tires at the track?

no they dont sell race gas but there is a gas station down the street from them that does sell race gas.i am not sure what kind it is.

Leaded 114 its also pretty cheap 6.00g if i remember right.

Great! I guess I can change tires at the gas station. Local track here is all grass, outside of the track of course. They don't have a good place to jack the car up.

Back