Anybody Into X-Mods?

8UWITH6

Keepin' The Shiny Side Up
I picked one up a few weeks ago......pretty neat little cars........you can mod them to make them faster and such. I drove mine around for about a day before starting a project.

Buick X-Mod

I just hadddddddddd too.:D

Anybody else messing with them?

WOW!!! were can i get oone and buiold it?? this isnt one of those 200 dollar ebay ones is it!!

X mods are 50 bux.....Ive extended the chassis, working on a driveshaft and a rear motor mount right now. After that all I gotta do is figure out a rear mount for the buick body.........cant wait :)

DUB

do you thimk it will work with a DUB body?? i was planning on trying that cause i dont think the plastic model body would hold up very long.

What's the deal with the ones on E-Bay? Anyone have one? They look neat but aren't they basically a $30.00 car? Why do they fetch $200.00 if they are only a plastic model? I wouldn't mind having one but not if it will bust the first time I bump it into something.

Dub body would be WAY too heavy. Plastic body should be just fine if you dont wreck ;)

From what i can tell, the ones the guy is building and selling on ebay are totally custom built. They have more rechargable batteries, bigger motors, different gearing, suspension mods and steering mods. The GNs on ebay are cabable of 30mph, stock ones go 10 (which is actually pretty quick for these little cars!). Just the mods in those pieces let alone probably are over 50-75 bux, plus his time and effort in making the cars, painted the cars, and the car itself. So I dont feel 150-200 is out of line, I just wouldnt pay it obviously, I just make my own.

If you go to Radio Shack and check out the starter kits (50 Bux), youll notice the cars are 1/28th scale. He had to do something with the chassis to fit the wheel base of the Buick GNX and GN bodies. This is the problem Im running into on mine. Im having trouble scratch making a driveshaft that is longer that works w/o binding the drivetrain up. This guy obviously has it figured out :) I emailed him and he has yet to respond. You can sink a lot of money into these things really quick, just like any other hobby.

The reason Im building mine is for the challenge, and because a local bar is going to start racing them for prizes (read: beer) on Monday nights. I figured what the hell, Ill show up in a Buick body and show them how its done :)

HTH

so i can go to radio shack and ask for a x mod starter kit for 50 bucks then build..what a plastic model??hmm i have a 89 tta i would like to do can u send me a email with details and pics if u got them thxs greg

Make custom body mounts.......or I have seen people cut the stock Xmod body into a thin strip (ie, like a racing stripe down the middle of the car, hood, windshield, roof, trunk, etc) and mount it to the inside of the new 1/24th body. I just made my own though. Keep checking back on that link in my first post, Ill take pics......still working on a rear mount, and dont want to cut up the original Xmod body, I like it:)

So you gonna buy one or what?!?!!?! LOL

i would like too..put a 89 tta body on that would be sick! im gonna go to radio shack next week and look!

Ive got a TTA model too, thought about that, but its the only one I got. Im sure you could do it, might want to check the fitment of the chassis on that body. Youll have to cut out the front wheel wells to clear the chassis. I had to do it on the Buick body.

LOL, Im having trouble myself, let alone for others. Sorry......once I get it all straightened out and working, Ill think about it ;)

Its looking pretty good, just gotta find time to mess with it.