You can type here any text you want

Anybody need paint work?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jdpolzin

Well guys, after some drama with one of my GN's and my old painter I have finally got some peace!! I finally met an ambitious painter. He is a great guy and has a lot of ambition. Basically the deal is, if you want your car to have a show finish, he charges around $2500 if the car is pretty straight or with minor body work. He is located in Geneseo, IL. When I get my car back this week, he is painting a 70 Cutlass then my other GN. After that, he will be looking for work. I've seen pictures of his work and have seen a couple of his cars. He does nice work and is a helpful responsive guy to work with. Just thought I'd try to get him some work and I know how our cars paint job usually need some attention. Let me know if anybody is interested. That seems to be a nice price for the work!! ----Jeremy

That's great :wink: :wink:
Too bad I only need a few touch ups .... :( :(
Glade to here there is one honest guy left :eek: :eek: even tho I dont know where the F@@@ he lives ,I would still make the drive ....

His name is Derek, and his shops name is called Fat Boy Customs and Fabrications. His phone number is 309-489-6176. Let him know that Jeremy refered you and he'll know how you got his number.

A little info on him: He was working for the guy who originally was supposed to be painting my car ( Pat ). Well Pat told me that he was doing the work and actually Derek was. Derek did everything and it's at the Buffing stage right now. The only problem was that Pat wasn't paying him. Bad news. Derek just wants to work, no trickiy business, just stay busy and stay self-employed. He has a nice little shop with a single paint booth and needs to keep work coming. Pat was supposed to keep work coming and do half the work. Problem is that he wasn't doing half the work or paying Derek. I told Derek that through this website and knowing a lot of car guys, I'd do the best I can to get him as much business as I can. He deserves it, very nice guy and very willing to do the best work he can. I am sure he'd be interested in small jobs too. Tony (OneFastGN) just brought him a gas tank, 2 side skirts, and a tail fin from a motorcyle to have painted with ghost flames today. Lets get this guy some business!! Thanks again, I just appreciate honest people that do honest work, it helps us all out!! ----Jeremy

Maybe you can post this on the LS1, LT1, Mustang and SyTy boards ...sure to bring in the business

Man, I could sure use his services, but way too far for me.

Someone please tell me of a deal like this closer to Eastern PA.

Yep I would have to second that Derek seems to be a good guy.Just so you all know the $2500 job is only to sand/body work and paint and buff and I'm not sure if that includes the jams.That is not to strip the car down to bare metal,Just didn't want anyone thinking it could be done for that price stripped.I myself have painted a ton of car and alot over the old enamel paint and have had great luck in the past.You just have to know how to prep the car right before you paint it.Now I just custom paint million dollar jets you think were pickey you should pay 100k on a paint job and just see how pickey a person can be....But its a great job and I love doing it.Cant wait to see jeremy car this weekend..I'm sure it will look kick ass... :biggrin:

Can you send some pics of your car when its done. I would be really interested

Thanks
Joe

Will do, I need to get a digital camera!! I will post pics ASAP!! you can e-mail if you have any questions and I can hook you up with Derek. He is a nice guy and needs the cash!! ---Jeremy

Hey Jeremy!

Do I remember correctly? - When you bring that newly painted GN home, watch out for bicycles at stop lights! :eek: I'd hate for you to mess up that new coat before it even has a chance to dry! LOL ;)

Let's see, I remember Tony, Darrell and Warren. I think that's some of the Quad cities guys. What about the blue non-turbo Buick? Anybody ever hear anything about him again? He had my sympathy.

About paint - So htis guy does good work. What kind of prep does he do? I suppose it varies with the cost, but I am wondering about taping, and trim and window removal etc. How much room does he have in his shop?

Been a long winter, not too cold, but long.
Later....dwall/Bob

Hey Bob!! Those darn bicycles!!! The windows will be removed, this dorr jams will be taped off, it would be extra for the jams to get painted. The bumpers, headlights, tail lights, spoilers, door handles and locks will be removed. Also all of the trim pieces will be taken off. Justin basically put that car in the barn and left it after that weekend!! He hasn't worked on his GN yet either. He has had some money issues so hasnt been able to do much! I will be making a post about this years meet soon, I just have to get some of the car show schedules! ----Jeremy

So how did the paint come out? I am actually thinking of making the trip from PA if this guy is for real.

Paint turned out pretty well actually! Some drama went down so I'm not going to use this guy anymore. I do have a couple other leads though. I am having another painter do my other car this time. Pretty much the same costs. I have a few painters in this area. I guess it help to have friends in goodplaces. I can give you more info if you'd like!

Back