You can type here any text you want

Anybody!!????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
i'd be willing to bet money that it wasn't rebuild 16 times. sure that doesn't mean they ran 16 different title checks on it?

carfax is so full of sh!t

I ran a carfax on one of my cars I bought new, I'm the only owner!
it came back on carfax as salvage out of back east. and 4 different owners,
car had 2mi when I bought it,( from the dealer) and is still in my name.
I questioned carfax, they stated they only report what is given to them, BS!
I ran the car thru NICB ( natl ins crime bureau) shows nothing!
so do not believe anything from carfax!!
and yes I filed a complaint with federal trade commission.
BTW. this is 2nd car I have had incorrect carfax information.

yea this guy is in san antonio...he told me he has all 87 upgrades. and i think he said it had been stolen or something...it was on ebay awhile back. Thats all I know to my knowledge!:)

It's a good looking car. I wonder if it tracks straight. I take everything with a grain of salt....especially a $14,500.00 1985-1987 T billed as a GN.

i found the ebay descripition

This is one stylish classic car! 1985 Buick Grand National that has a powerful 3.8L 6 cylinder SFI Turbo engine that starts right up and sounds amazing. It has had lots of upgrades that are sure to excite you! It has been fitted with a Black Aluminum Mass Air Flow Pipe, Extender Chip, Stainless Inlet Turbo Pipe, MHF Translator for Turbo, B&M Super Cooler, Quick Fuel Drain Kit, Kenball Oil Pressure Booster Plate, HI/LOW Fan Coolant Switch, Throttle Body By-Pass kit, and a Hooker Super Competition Dual Exhaust.

The gorgeous black body has had a good-qualtiy $4000 paint job just four months ago, and looks terrific. Has GNX fender flares and GTA 16" Aluminum wheels - they have been refinished, and are looking great. BF Goodrich tires have at least 80% of their tread life left and are eager to get some miles on them. A headlight conversion has been done from sealed beams to H4 Glass headlights.

Interior looks amazing with its two-tone black/grey cloth interior. It is equipped with power locks & windows & driver's seat. Has the rear seat body bracing. Plus you have to check out the T-Tops with covers - a definate must have! There are no tears, holes, or abuse of anykind, and no signs or smells that it has ever been smoked in. Preminum Pioneer Audio system has been installed with bluetooth, CD player, & 12" Kicker subwoofers.

In 1989 this vehicle has stolen and suffered only light theft damage, but now has a Rebuilt Salvage title.[/I][/I] You will not find such a well cared for Grand National anywhere! Don't miss out -

No, it is a T-Type.

A TR with anti-lock brakes!? Sweeeeet.

It's funny how those VIN number work.

Sellers response!

Here is the response I just received from the seller when I asked a question about it.:rolleyes:

"Thanks for looking but I think it sold! Thanks again!

J-Garcia

On Aug 21, 2009, at 2:16 PM, dealerleads@autotrader.com wrote:

***VEHICLE LEAD***

Dealer Name: South Park MotorPlex - 614948

The following lead was generated from AutoTrader.com's web site at New Cars, Used Cars - Find Cars at AutoTrader.com. Please take the time to follow up on this lead. If you have any questions about this lead, please call AutoTrader.com Dealer Support at 800-353-9350 option 2, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. EST.

To view the vehicle, click the link below:
1985 Buick Regal in San Antonio, TX 78221: Coupe Details - 264913640 - AutoTrader.com

VEHICLE INFORMATION
Make: Buick
Model: Regal
Year: 1985
Price: 14500
Mileage: 88746
Body Style: Coupe
Color: Black
Cylinders: 6 Cylinder Gasoline
Transmission: Automatic
Doors: Two Door
Stereo: High End Stereo System
VIN: 1G4GK4798FP422999
Stock ID: 10674
Description: 1985 buick grand national,88k miles,black/grey interior,auto,t-top roof,v6 turbo,$3500 in piant job,gnx wheels,gnx fender flares,tons of reciepts! pioneer bluetooth stereo with custom amps,subwoofers,remote alarm,to much to list please call for more info 210-336-8716 shown by appiontment only,ask for joseph
Trim: Grand National"

That's not the reply I JUST got.

In its current state if it were a WE2 to begin with I would consider $8K at the very most.

Since it is a re-badged 85' T, and I have no idea who did the conversion, what kind of theft damage it has, and no idea what the chassis integrity is...I would drop $4200 on that car in a heartbeat, but I'm a picky bastard.

This is me....people pay what they think is fair, and people sell for what they think is fair. Those two schools of thought don't always get a long.

If the dude put a lot of blood sweat and tears into it....I can see his desire to get nearly $15K out of it. If he is relying on The Fast and Furious fame to pay off...someone is going to get hosed.

I have no idea if the 88K miles is chassis mileage or motor. OR if she rolled. Not uncommon.

I am in e-mail contact with him, I will ask the normal questions and make a decision based on the owners input.

Back