You can type here any text you want

Anyone ever order comp cams pushrods

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Well I bought there checker today and I measured the pushrod length I would need to have the proper 2-3 threads for oiling. The stock 8.690's are not even close.

I came up with around 8.475"

The closed I can get is an olds kit that is 8.490 which should work.

My question is the part number is 7843-16 I am assuming this is 16 pushrods. Does anyone know if this is true.

I paid like $30 for my stock replacements but when I was at my engine guy today he was telling me they should be like $20's a push rod, which make no sense to me. How could they be more money than lifters. Any how getting off topic. Just would like to know if there is 16 in the kit.

PS if any one else has trouble with harland sharp roller rockers and champion irons and comp flat tappet stock gaskets, this is what I measured.

Thanks Brandon!

Go to Manton or Smith Brothers & order the exact size you need & then tell them how strong you need them for your HP level & they will reccomend some. About $10 each & delivered in 2-3 days!! I used Manton last time & got some nice peices. To Canada in 4 days!!!

I have never ordered from Manton but have ordered from smith bros a few times. You can't beat their service and knowledge. They need to know your valve spring pressures on the seat and over the nose.

Thanks guys.

I thought the 16 refered to the # of rods. I am just going to use these one for now as I am going to switch to a roller cam in the near future.

Thanks!

you actually only need 12 pushrods, give them the part number with -12 to get this many... have smith bros. in my engine, but the comps will work great too.

Ya I know I only need 12 but to get that length from comp the kit is from an olds with aftermarket roller setup. Probably don't make a 12 LOL.

I will try smith bro's out when I switch to a roller cam.

Thanks Brandon!

Back