You can type here any text you want

Anyone ever tried a Bazooka tube in their TR?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
Right now I have a 12 inch JL W-1 in a single box. It sounds good but it takes up some of the valuable trunk space inside the car.

I'm wondering if a bass tube would be beneficial? How good do they sound?

I don't have to have earth shattering bass, just something to sound good inside the car. I'll probably get an internal powered tube.

The reason why I thought of a bass tube is because it looks like I can sit it up against the back seat on the ledge, which almost never gets used while hauling cargo.

Anyways bass tube guys please speak up.

Bazooka tubes play well, they are loud, but not real deep and accurate. I'd recommend building a small sealed box for the JL, it should be in one already, around a cubic foot of air will do fine. A small wedge shaped box against the rear seat would work fine. If you insist on running a tubed sub, be prepared for a different sound.

Never really liked the tubes.......... but if you really need to save a 18" W x 13" H x 12" D space in your trunk, go ahead and try one. A 1.1 to 1.25 cuft box does not take much room, and can be installed below the rear deck between the speakers fairly easily, without much of a sacrifice of space. HTH

The box Neil talks about sounds great, just wire up a amp for it and it only takes up the upper shelf with amps for the rest of the system.

I really dont miss the trunk space.

BW

12-27-07001.jpg

There's the speaker and box in question.

Due to me moving in a few months I'm going to need all of the useable trunk space I can afford.

This box takes up some room, not alot but enough.

Perhaps someone has a pic of a box in their trunk that fits up against the back seat area? BTW this is I believe a W-1 JL sub, it's a 12 inch.

I would just move, and then buy a speaker box and not worry about trunk space for moving purposes.

How far are you moving?

BW

Thats a long road trip, you definitely need some good tunes to listen to while driving 1100 miles.

BW

Yep, that's why I would like to keep the subwoofer but I'm also going to have the trunk stuffed as well as the back seat so something's gotta give.

A sub placed directly under the rear package shelf I think would be ideal, my box doesn't fit though.

i had a 10 Bazooka tube with a "American Bass" replacement Sub and it worked better then anything near its size.
i mean a DEEP clean feel it in your chest type of Bass of course Don't for get to feed it the proper Frequency.

Before I spent $200 on a bazooka, I'd build a new box. That speaker requires 1.25 cu ft which is 2160 cu inches. A 15x18x8 box would be 2160 cu inches. And guess what: that will tuck inside the left quarter panel nicely. A 4x8 sheet of 3/4" MDF will be about $25 (you'd only need 1/2 sheet so it'd be alot less), a tube of construction adhesive about $3, handful of finishing nails, pint of contact adhesive, and go to Joanne Fabric for some cloth covering. Get busy. $30 project roughly.

Back