You can type here any text you want

Anyone going to Atco for the Buick vs Ford event

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
So, how did everyone do yesterday? I heard there were some fast buicks there. Did everyone "run what they wanted to run and when?":rolleyes:

yep, it was a pretty good day yesterday..... weather was pretty good, sounded like most everyone I was with ran very well, a couple of personal bests. My son Brian ran my car for the first time with his new license, he did well, considering the Pumpkin is still having traction problems off the hit. He ran 9.30@151 the first pass, boost was turned down and we were working on using the Innovative boost controller multiple stage boost control functions. Brian made 3-4 passes, each trying different amounts of boost, ramp in functions and multiple stages. He had some pretty hairy runs for his Dad to be standing on the starting line and watching him..... not fun to see your son sideways at halftrack at 120MPH.... I suited up for the 5th and final run.... a bit tentative since watching Tony G try to get his 1400 hp Grand National down the track, not having much luck either. Our goal yesterday was 1. work on some testing utilizing the boost controller, 2. work on our 60fts and 3. work on tuning with several of our customers. I launched the last pass, spun right off the hit, but kept it straight in the groove to the finish line... I was pretty happy with the pass as other than the 1.50 60ft..... Brians hard work with the boost controller paid off. It worked flawless, 4 stages of boost plus launch boost were right on target, the FAST data log supported it with a perfect replay of the boost setting and ramping right on target.

As for the others I worked with, Jimmy's car ran well, tune up looked in the ball park but he was already suffering with some oil pressure issues when he arrived, we didn't push it. Nice meeting you finally as well as your son, brother and father. We are both very fortunate to be able to spend time with our family's doing what we all enjoy, having my son and my wife support my habit the way they do is priceless.. Next up was Harold Z, again his car ran flawless, running a best time of 10.60 at cecil last month with his old school 62 turbo on 22lbs of boost, he was looking forward to more of the same. He ran great, the frame notch and roll cage we did for him earilier this month worked as we had hoped, larger drag radials under the wheel wells, better traction off the line, but more seat time needed. He fired off a few 10 second passes, but not his best as the hard launches, with wheels up, he never experienced before the work, shook him up a tad... still stock control arms and shocks. He also experienced some tire bounce off the line... in all he was ecstatic with the performance of his car and went home a happy racer... lastly we worked with Chris, another customer of ours with a great alky combo, CPT66-S trim BB turbo... we worked his launch technique and tune up with the FAST, finishing up with his persoanl best of 10.66@128. Needless to say he was on cloud 9... he was way rich on his last pass, no timing, and I mean it, low low timing, 22lbs of boost and I think high 1.50 60ft. again on drag radials, pump gas and alky.. we had to sneak up on the tune as he has no roll cage, so he ran 1\2 and 3\4 track lifting to keep the attention away from his car... Chris ran it out the last pass, all I can say is he was one happy camper. First thing out of his mouth, "when can you build me a roll cage". We all left the track and went out to eat and celebrate Chris's new best..... thanks Chris for dinner and then the long trip home up 95 through NJ-NY.... it was a fun day for us... isn't that what lifes about.. :cool:

Oh ya... I saw 2 other BUicks there, maybe there was a phone call about them someone can share... :rolleyes:

We did well yesterday with our STOCK motor car,ran a best of 11.30 at 120+
off the foot brake.
Timing is still conservatively low(still has original factory headgaskets)
Was the first time out with the new chips and tighter convertor,Im gonna
send the convertor back in to be tightened even more from the data I collected.
The track wasn't there for real high horsepower cars and we suffered bad tire shake even with the front end in the air,it was decided to not try to drive thru it as it would not have bettered the times and the car was also not going straight which is crazy at the boost level and rpn the car was being launched at.
It was a real nice day weather wise and not very busy at all and we ran 8 passes with cool down time between runs with the stock motor car.
All in all a good day of racing and a load of data was collected to go over for next year.

Thanks again Jack for all the help.It was a crazy 3 days gettin her ready but she did great.I like atco better than etown, it feels like a street race an it is more laid back there. I just dont care for the endless waterbox or the track help rushin the burnouts. If felt good to spin out of the hole and let off at the 1/8 with 18lbs and still beat the 03 cobra with a set of slicks,bolt-ons,an a blower pulley.An come to find out i was only 62% on the gas damn floor mats:eek:.I just need some more seat time to work on the launch. my best 60ft was 1.59 leavin at 6#'s with 11.5lbs in the et's.i want to play around with the pressure in the bags and the rear shock settings. It looks like the last pass it was still at-12% o2 correction. I'm just glad it was on sonoco 93 pump gas and just alky.It was also nice to drive her almost 80 miles home an only use 4 gallons of gas,what a joke,what more could you ask for full weight,a/c ,power everthing,cruise,20mpg ,ohh an in the TENS!!!!!!!!!!!! got to love it ,i'm glad my dad bought the 84 gn new,he was going to buy a monte but the interior only came in velure ,his wheelchair would of torn it up. Just think what it would take to make a monte do all this.(with out a gn transplant):) thanks again jack,bubba,an laurie.

yep, it was a pretty good day yesterday..... weather was pretty good, sounded like most everyone I was with ran very well, a couple of personal bests. My son Brian ran my car for the first time with his new license, he did well, considering the Pumpkin is still having traction problems off the hit. He ran 9.30@151 the first pass, boost was turned down and we were working on using the Innovative boost controller multiple stage boost control functions. Brian made 3-4 passes, each trying different amounts of boost, ramp in functions and multiple stages. He had some pretty hairy runs for his Dad to be standing on the starting line and watching him..... not fun to see your son sideways at halftrack at 120MPH.... I suited up for the 5th and final run.... a bit tentative since watching Tony G try to get his 1400 hp Grand National down the track, not having much luck either. Our goal yesterday was 1. work on some testing utilizing the boost controller, 2. work on our 60fts and 3. work on tuning with several of our customers. I launched the last pass, spun right off the hit, but kept it straight in the groove to the finish line... I was pretty happy with the pass as other than the 1.50 60ft..... Brians hard work with the boost controller paid off. It worked flawless, 4 stages of boost plus launch boost were right on target, the FAST data log supported it with a perfect replay of the boost setting and ramping right on target.

As for the others I worked with, Jimmy's car ran well, tune up looked in the ball park but he was already suffering with some oil pressure issues when he arrived, we didn't push it. Nice meeting you finally as well as your son, brother and father. We are both very fortunate to be able to spend time with our family's doing what we all enjoy, having my son and my wife support my habit the way they do is priceless.. Next up was Harold Z, again his car ran flawless, running a best time of 10.60 at cecil last month with his old school 62 turbo on 22lbs of boost, he was looking forward to more of the same. He ran great, the frame notch and roll cage we did for him earilier this month worked as we had hoped, larger drag radials under the wheel wells, better traction off the line, but more seat time needed. He fired off a few 10 second passes, but not his best as the hard launches, with wheels up, he never experienced before the work, shook him up a tad... still stock control arms and shocks. He also experienced some tire bounce off the line... in all he was ecstatic with the performance of his car and went home a happy racer... lastly we worked with Chris, another customer of ours with a great alky combo, CPT66-S trim BB turbo... we worked his launch technique and tune up with the FAST, finishing up with his persoanl best of 10.66@128. Needless to say he was on cloud 9... he was way rich on his last pass, no timing, and I mean it, low low timing, 22lbs of boost and I think high 1.50 60ft. again on drag radials, pump gas and alky.. we had to sneak up on the tune as he has no roll cage, so he ran 1\2 and 3\4 track lifting to keep the attention away from his car... Chris ran it out the last pass, all I can say is he was one happy camper. First thing out of his mouth, "when can you build me a roll cage". We all left the track and went out to eat and celebrate Chris's new best..... thanks Chris for dinner and then the long trip home up 95 through NJ-NY.... it was a fun day for us... isn't that what lifes about.. :cool:

Oh ya... I saw 2 other BUicks there, maybe there was a phone call about them someone can share... :rolleyes:
Hey Jack, finally got a chance to look at the board and sounds like you all had a great time, wish I could have made it but couldn't get off of work, my car could use a little more of your tunning, but she is running good and I am happy with it, but alot more left, I hear you car is still consistiant :biggrin: (I got a call) ;) glad to know that everybody had a great time. Jr.

Hey Jack, finally got a chance to look at the board and sounds like you all had a great time, wish I could have made it but couldn't get off of work, my car could use a little more of your tunning, but she is running good and I am happy with it, but alot more left, I hear you car is still consistiant :biggrin: (I got a call) ;) glad to know that everybody had a great time. Jr.

Jr... My Brother.. yep, it was so much fun, I don't want to put the car down for the winter yet, got some great data with the MSBC boost controller. Either drivin through the converter on the last pass or 3rd gear was slipping.. That ole RPE slug was purring like a kitten... But as I sit here and type, I've been watching the weather down there, not looking good, so I think maybe I'll hang it up for the winter, and begin forming my plan for the spring. Got a few minor changes to make based on the recorded data logger.. new tires, freshen up the converter and trans, new custom headers and DP we been working on, bung in the EGT's..... turn up the boost "a little" in the spring... :cool: Sent out your special package yesterday, watch for the UPS man today and let me know what you think when you get it.... :)

Jr... My Brother.. yep, it was so much fun, I don't want to put the car down for the winter yet, got some great data with the MSBC boost controller. Either drivin through the converter on the last pass or 3rd gear was slipping.. That ole RPE slug was purring like a kitten... But as I sit here and type, I've been watching the weather down there, not looking good, so I think maybe I'll hang it up for the winter, and begin forming my plan for the spring. Got a few minor changes to make based on the recorded data logger.. new tires, freshen up the converter and trans, new custom headers and DP we been working on, bung in the EGT's..... turn up the boost "a little" in the spring... :cool: Sent out your special package yesterday, watch for the UPS man today and let me know what you think when you get it.... :)
Hey Brother, recieved the special package today and I sure like what I see, it sure is prettttyyyyy you didn't have to do all of that but I appreciate it and can't thank you enough, will give you a call tomorrow. Thanks Jr.

As for the others I worked with, Jimmy's car ran well, tune up looked in the ball park but he was already suffering with some oil pressure issues when he arrived, we didn't push it. Nice meeting you finally as well as your son, brother and father. We are both very fortunate to be able to spend time with our family's doing what we all enjoy, having my son and my wife support my habit the way they do is priceless.

I just noticed this thread this morning. Thanks for your help Jack and it was nice finally meeting you. All the tuning in the world wasn't going to fix my thrust bearing and 2-3 flare, though. The last engine failure has started a domino effect where nothing works right now.

This made it worth the trip, though:
devin_pumpkin.jpg

He had such a great time, but was bewildered at my being beat by that Foxbody Mustang. He said 'But you ALWAYS beat the Mustangs!'. I guess I've been lucky up until now ;-).

I noticed the oil pressure was dropping when the converter locked up on the NJ turnpike. I figured if I didn't lock the converter at the track it would be okay. It would cost me a few MPH, but I could still get the tune down. By the 3rd run I heard it knocking on the return road. It made the 100 mile trip home, but was making quite a bit of noise by the time I got it in the garage. I'm towing it back to the engine guy either this week or next. I'll have the trans looked at while the engine it out, too.

I've been saying this every year since 2005, but 'I'll try again next year....'.

Jim

DAMN,That car is so fast is blew the windshield molding off!!

HS.... your right.... have to add that to the winter list... :rolleyes:

Jim, it was a fun day, hope you all enjoyed it, always my pleasure to have the opportunity to be a part of the solution instead of the problem... :) We look forward to going to the track with my son, that picture is worth a million smiles and a warm feeling only a parent would understand. I can remember my son when he was younger washing and cleaning the car like it was his own and here we are many years later and he's driving it!!! It's a little scary on the starting line for me, watching him launch and just praying to God he keeps him safe...

As for those engine issues, I'm sure your builder will straighten it out, I know it sucks but you will be whipping those Mustangs again..

Happy Holidays,

I would guess it is more probable that they are painting them in preparation for the new doors. :eek:

Jack, BTW, I think the headers are just fine. Still running the ones you sold me!!!!!

Back