You can type here any text you want

Anyone had a newer spring collapse?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

joemama

Nice Monte is that an SS
I have had my car lowered about two years now. Two inch drop spindles up front and 1 1/2 inch lowered springs in the back. Rear rims are eight inches wide with a four inch backspace with a 275/60/15 tire on them. Recently have had problem with the left rear rubbing. Rubbed bad enough that it bent the wheel well trim down. Used a bat to roll back up but it still rubs. I can tell that the tire on the driver side is definately closer to the wheelwell trim than the passenger side. Also can tell that the driver side sits slightly higher in the back. I have heard about other cars bodies not sitting on the frame evenly like mine, but I couldnt see the body shifting causing my problem recently. The only things I can think of is go on a diet, raise the car back up, or the left rear spring lost strength. What do you guys think????????

Could be Bodymounts

These cars rust out around the body mounts. This causes the mount to push through the frame, which in turn lower the body closer the the wheels. I had two of these car that did the same as yours. One side of the car had proper height other much lower, and in both cases it was the body mounts. I'm not saying this is the only cause, becuase I'm sure there are more. This is just a comon thread in the ones I have owned. Might want to look into it.

DAve

Back