Anyone have a GE Simon XT Home Alarm

GrnNatlFan

I am looking into buying a wireless home alarm system and install it myself. I found good reviews for the GE Simon XT unit and was wondering if anyone here has any experience with it? Easy to install? Do you have home monitoring? I was also looking at Alarmrelay.com as a monitoring service for $8.95 month. Anybody experience with this service?

just off the top of my head,thought i remember x10.com as being a wireless home security...have you checked tht out.

I like wired systems. Worried about someone being able to tap into the alarm system using a specific frequency hz. I use a ademco honeywell system. I'm the monitor. System equipped with dialer and voice module. Once alarm is activated I can hear the sounds in the house. There is two way communication through the voice module. I have a house with a true vault ceiling, so zones split between top and bottom of house. A brinks sales rep visited one day and advise me: one of the most effective deterrents is the yard sign. There are warning stickers around the house and I recently ordered a lighted yard sign. I order all my alarm equipment from safemart security systems. If you do your own install, the best tool purchase I made was a fiber optic rod so I could see where the drill hole went. The dummy we bought the house from put in new vinyl dual pane windows and covered up all the pre-wires. I had to re-pull the whole house:mad:.