You can type here any text you want

Anyone have a set of valve covers from a 3.0 for sale ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cottonpicker14

After posting here about which valve covers would fit, I tried numerous junk yards and even the internet for a set of 3.0 valve covers with negative results.
I am looking for a set to buy so I can have them powder coated. I dont want an original set of TTA covers that have the breather on the side, but instead a set that have the breather on the short side facing the firewall.
If anyone has an extra set like these that are in real good shape and are interested in selling them, I would appreciate you letting me know.
If you could email a photo if possible and also how much shipped to New York.
Many thanks to all that respond.

I may be wrong but as far as I know all the 3.0 valve covers are just like the ones on the TTA since they were not TTA specific. They all have the breather on the side (long) of the LH cover. The ones for a 87 Buick Lesabre with a 3.8 have the breather on the back side (short) of the cover and are center bolt, But I dont think they will fit the 3.0 head, but I could be wrong.

They're the same.....

Here'sa pic of the driver's side on thepassenger side head.....

I do have a set of vc's for sale. They're $800. They come with big valve p&p heads, with new springs, retainers, seats, yadda yadda yadda ;)

Attachments

• TTA 656 Roller 0333.JPG
    TTA 656 Roller 0333.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 80
The problem I am having is no one has any 3.0 valve covers in the local yards. I even checked Ebay.
They have them for the later model 3.8, but I know these wont fit.

They are from the 3.0L heads.
That is the only version I know of that'll fit. You may get another to work but I'm not sure about the height of them and if they're's enough clearance inside them and where the oil baffles if any are....

HTH!

what?

Hi,
Do I understand you correctly? From what you have written, it seems that all perimiter valve covers fit all these heads. Correct?

perimeter v cvrs.

Hi,
Sorry guys, wrong car. Of course, I goofed. TTAs have the central through bolts, no perimeter bolts. I think any mid 80s FWD 3.0 or 3.8 should be so equipped, unless you are unlucky enough to find the carbureted motor. I ran into one recently in a pick your part,and not too long ago I had a customer with an 86 Olds Ciera 3.8L. It was a rag, but parts are parts... Keep looking!

Grumpy,
Do you have a set of 3.0 valve covers? Or maybe a few sets? I need a set as well...

Again, let's put together a specific list of year/make/model. Once it's (even somewhat) complete, we can link it to the FAQ list. This is a very common question. But usually answered by head casting #. It's SOOOOOO much easier to use year/make/model in our search.

This will help all of us. So if you KNOW what works, PLEASE add! Then we can have a master list (I'll help format it and make it pretty). Then we can link it.

I've been looking too... just don't know what to look for. If it's from a TTA it's large cash. But truth is, there's others that are really pretty much the same. And you can get em for 20 bucks or so. And even if someone says they're from a TTA (and charges you 100+) there's really not a good way to tell since it really seems mostly the same.

M

Back