Anyone in central IL wanna help w/ fuel pump install?

Tom Tom Turbo

Turbo Goes Woo Woo
Hey, I'm gonna buy a racetronix 340 pump and wire kit and I'd like to have someone who has done this before maybe help me out. I'm in Champaign IL and I love to have some company/help with the install!

i could come up but of course it would be about 7 hours work! ;) BTW, your post count as of this post is the last 3 casting numbers on your block, 109, haha buiick joke:)

Originally posted by turbo buicks
i could come up but of course it would be about 7 hours work! ;)

Seven hours? How much work does that entail between beers?
:confused:

HAHA :D

If you have a factory style crossflow muffler then it will be a bit more of a PITA. If not then it should not be too hard.

Racetronix has shipped many kits to IL so there should be a bunch of people that can help you out if required.

Jack :cool:
Racetronix

actualy im not old enough to drink:D it took me 7 hours to do it but not really b/c of my muffler but b/c i wasted about an hour trying to get the fuel lines under the heatshield off when i finally gave up and dropped the tank and found i could take the lines off there. i also took a few 30-45 min breaks. it still took me longer than it should have probably b/c it was my first one and i had to wait for my dad to help me get the tank back up:)

Took me 4 hours and i have never done it before now i think it should only take 2 tops. Go for it and have fun just follow the instruciotns that race tronix sent.

I might pay the $110 to have a local shop put it in....its always more fun to watch someone else cuss and yell because they can't get the fuel lines off. Plus the idea of me and milk jugs and emptying a fuel tank doesn't seem like a bright idea!

Save that $110.00 and buy a afpr. Its very easy, the only time you will need someones help is when you put the tank back in. Dont get into the routine of having someone else install stuff because it will get costly and your knowledge wont expand.

dboosted1, how true:) i got an AFPR but havent put it in yet. i do have a walbro 340 and hotwire kit in tho. should my stock regulator regulate the pressure correctly even w/the higher volume pump?

Tom its not that hard, just make sure the tank is almost empty, lower it a bit, and take the fittings off then. Then it comes right out. You will need someone to help you put it back in tho, its hard with only 1 person.

Like I've posted before, I'll help if you need it. I'm in Champaign, have a big garage, tools, and me and my buddy Aaron have done this about 5 or 6 times. He is an ASE master tech, btw. I'm always willing to help a fellow Buick enthusiast. If you want, call me at home 217 359 9749. I think I saw you last night driving around, nice car! Like I said, feel free to call. Do not take your car to a garage here, you will be sorry!

Tom go to sam's be there many times right sam! He is a good guy and should be done in no time. I am about 50 minutes away if you want to bring it over here. Later Sean

Originally posted by turbo buicks
dboosted1, how true:) i got an AFPR but havent put it in yet. i do have a walbro 340 and hotwire kit in tho. should my stock regulator regulate the pressure correctly even w/the higher volume pump?

Why bother when installing the afpr takes about 10 min. MAX and is adjustable for tuning. If you are running anykind of chip you need the f/p turned up anyways.

Turbosam, I shall be in touch with you sometime about these cars! I have heard from Rick Pikowsky that you have a very sweet ride that I need to check out. Its nice to have some guys around here that know what they are doing. I think I have seen your GN before, don't you have a guage on the cowl area, Draglites, and blacked out windows? I think I pulled up next to you once in my teal 91 Mustang hatchback and tached it up or something. That car was a pooch and you would have handed my @$$ to me!

i need to borrow a FP gauge before i put it in so i know where to set it at. its a holley adjustable reg. and it has a adj. screw in the top w/a hole in it. is this where the vac. line goes? the PN matches the one on their site for the turbo buick. remember i am MR. 7 hour fuel pump install guy so by your calculations it should take me about 35 mins;)